Illegal renting of houses to large groups of noisy tourists - where do I report?

Card

5 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Having a party isn’t being anti social. 

It is anti-social if it disturbs your neighbors in any way......why do people even want loud music...I want to talk and hear people?

I would inform my neighbors if having a party and invite them.....I would not have any loud music......I would tell my neighbors when it would start and finish........it is called being civilized.

Just banging on a loud music system and having a loud party out of the blue or regularly frequently leads to very serious problems.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

In a comment he was worried about talking to the owner in case of revengeful thinking. Therefore I was out of the opinion that if he visit in person, it could well be something that is delivered to the owners as well. In that case he would be in the same situation he did not wish to be.

There is a risk. I see it alone at the General Meeting here at my condominium complex. The whole year many owners are complaining about many things and when they are at the yearly meeting they will not say one word. They will not even be brave enough to not vote for the manager if the are not happy with the management. And exactly such weak people give others the power to do what they want. Somehow they are part of the problem. Because with their fearful behavior they support the people causing the problem. And YOU will be the only person complaining and so you are the real problem. 

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

It is anti-social if it disturbs your neighbors in any way......why do people even want loud music...I want to talk and hear people?

I would inform my neighbors if having a party and invite them.....I would not have any loud music......I would tell my neighbors when it would start and finish........it is called being civilized.

Just banging on a loud music system and having a loud party out of the blue or regularly frequently leads to very serious problems.

jeez.

i don’t think your parties would be much fun. 

Quiet music. About as fun as a quiet AC/DC concert.
If your guests started talking loudly you would be walking around  “Shhhhhh” 

And a finish time. “All right, it is 9.30 now. Every one get out, go home”

And you expect everyone renting a villa to go around disturbing a whole block of condos to tell them you want to turn on some music. 

You have never actually thrown a party have you?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Boring......

• Haha 2

After 17 years here and loads of experience with noise issues I can honestly say that it is impossible to have a Thai comprehend that something is 'too loud'.  Whether it be music, motor bikes, PA's or just general conversation, you will be met with a blank stare.  My suggestion is relocate.

However if your main concern is that the owners are breaking some law such as tax evasion or renting illegally etc,  I would suggest you get a life.

18 hours ago, Surelynot said:

....why do people even want loud music...I want to talk and hear people?

I hope I don't forget what it is to be young when I get old(er)      :coffee1:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Surelynot said:

'I would inform my neighbors' and  'I would tell my neighbors'.  That comes under the phrase, 'volunteering information' which most of the time doesn't happen.
A lot of people here tend to react to questions or complaints, rather than offer information on their own volition.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 11:50 AM, Tagged said:

This is what I did, I moved from condo to condo, and out to the rice fields, but trust me, you can not escape noise in Thailand completely, the only way I found proper peace in Thailand, is at a top notch hotel. Even I BKK I find more peace at a hotel in Sukhumvit close to Terminal 21.

That was my thought, sometimes even in the middle of nowhere one is subjected to noise, these birthday, monkhood, wedding etc parties in the boonies, well they really do like to crank it up. And it travels further.

It would seem the only solution if one is seeking a peaceful retired life (and one should be able to have this), is to rent not buy, and keep moving until you find it. 

• Like 2

I have a friend who came up with a very clever solution for the next door party house. 

What he did was, he rented the house for a night and wired into the electrical switchboard, a hidden wireless remote switch (modified garage door opener), so he could cut the power when it all got too much. 

He would give them until midnight then cut the power. 

This also had the additional benefit of being able to turn it back on at 6am when the renters were sound asleep.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That was my thought, sometimes even in the middle of nowhere one is subjected to noise, these birthday, monkhood, wedding etc parties in the boonies, well they really do like to crank it up. And it travels further.

It would seem the only solution if one is seeking a peaceful retired life (and one should be able to have this), is to rent not buy, and keep moving until you find it. 

Im fine now in a insulated living space and with aircon running there is not much noise we hear. I can hear the fully loaded trucks going up the mountain trough the jungle, and some parties who really enjoy som loud music, but is the best I can get or found in Thailand. 

The funny part is the village boss, turned the speaker our way, and turned up the volume as well so she made sure we would here messages and music the wake up music ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

After 17 years here and loads of experience with noise issues I can honestly say that it is impossible to have a Thai comprehend that something is 'too loud'.  Whether it be music, motor bikes, PA's or just general conversation, you will be met with a blank stare.  My suggestion is relocate.

However if your main concern is that the owners are breaking some law such as tax evasion or renting illegally etc,  I would suggest you get a life.

Either that or become deaf.... :cheesy:

• Like 1

Buy a the loudest cheap klaxon type siren or car alarm and direct it towards the morons making the noise and set it off full blast until their 'fun' is completely ruined and they give up. After all, if they are free to make a din then so are you. The feedback will eventually get back to the boneheads renting the gaff out as they see their ratings plummet and their business collapse because I know from personal experience that these party houses are rated on sites like agoda and so on. If necessary, apply a second blast around 04:30 the next morning when the head throbbing morons are eventually trying to get some sleep. People should be free to make a din and party full blast, but NOT in residential areas.