Married and return to Thailand

53 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

You can easily get a regular tourist visa from LA embassy 

Why would he want to get a tourist visa if can easily get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai? That he could then extend the 90 day entry from it for one year.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would he want to get a tourist visa if can easily get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai? That he could then extend the 90 day entry from it for one year.

less documentation proving the relationship 

I just arrived Friday, did all my paperwork with the NYC embassy... Go to the website and upload you application and information required... flights the ASQ allows you to know you actually can make the trip... They will process you visa in 7-10 days... Then you overnite USPS your passport to them. They returned it that same day and I had it in my had the following day. You then will upload the visa to the with your declaration... They return your COE and printed declaration to you via email. they are very friendly and easy to deal with on the phone to get things done...Lot of prep work but once you have everything they require they move quickly to get you your visa and the COE... 

Does anyone have flight information and cost?  Closest hub for me is  Portland , Oregon. I have not looked yet but the whole process of getting back to my wife and life in Thailand will be expensive and difficult. Any information on the process and cost of travel from the USA to Thailand will be greatly appreciated.

31 minutes ago, Rayfish said:

Does anyone have flight information and cost?  Closest hub for me is  Portland , Oregon. I have not looked yet but the whole process of getting back to my wife and life in Thailand will be expensive and difficult. Any information on the process and cost of travel from the USA to Thailand will be greatly appreciated.

I looked at round trip flights from LAX to BKK a few weeks ago and they were starting at $2500 but now they're down to $1000. Not sure what that's about but it's a good sign. Then the ASQ hotel is about $1500 the last time I checked. Insurance depends on age and time you will be there. Even for younger people I heard it was starting at $600/year.

Can anyone confirm this? That's pretty steep and the 2 weeks of hotel room prison would be a deal breaker for me personally. 

Well, my issue is that when banking changes were made here on direct deposits and I was also in the hospital, I had to ATM for a few months. My current O extension on marriage ends Dec 27. I currently have 8 months of direct deposits, not the 12 required (nor 400k in the bank). I can get a 1-time extension for 60 days, so that would give me 10 months.

So, I need to find a way to stay another 60 days, or I could take advantage of the situation to fly to USA for a couple months to have a surgery and holiday for 2 months. I'd keep having my SSDI deposited to Bangkok bank, have proof of 12 months of deposits, problem solved. Marriage paperwork is not an issue. I could also just get a tourist visa then get a O based on marriage or retirement after I am back.

Kinda grasping at straws. Can't find a way to extend again right now because of the missing Jan to April direct deposits.

10 hours ago, SailingHome said:

Well, my issue is that when banking changes were made here on direct deposits and I was also in the hospital, I had to ATM for a few months. My current O extension on marriage ends Dec 27. I currently have 8 months of direct deposits, not the 12 required (nor 400k in the bank). I can get a 1-time extension for 60 days, so that would give me 10 months.

At this time you could first apply for a 60 day corvid 19 extension at immigration and then 60 day extension to visit your wife. That would be enough time to have 12 months of transfers.

10 hours ago, SailingHome said:

So, I need to find a way to stay another 60 days, or I could take advantage of the situation to fly to USA for a couple months to have a surgery and holiday for 2 months. I'd keep having my SSDI deposited to Bangkok bank, have proof of 12 months of deposits, problem solved. Marriage paperwork is not an issue. I could also just get a tourist visa then get a O based on marriage or retirement after I am back.

That could be a expensive way of doing it at this time since you would have to stay in a ASQ hotel and pay for it due to the 14 day quarantine requirement.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

At this time you could first apply for a 60 day corvid 19 extension at immigration and then 60 day extension to visit your wife. That would be enough time to have 12 months of transfers.

That could be a expensive way of doing it at this time since you would have to stay in a ASQ hotel and pay for it due to the 14 day quarantine requirement.

Is a COVID extension better than the one time 60 day extension I can get on the current marriage extension that ends 27 December?

Never heard of a "visit Thai wife" extension while still in the country. What does that involve?

Just bring your original marriage certificate to immigration office in Thailand. A copy worked for me to get my 90 day visa from the DC embassy, however Immigration at Sriracha is demanding original or get my copy verified at the US embassy in Bangkok 

8 minutes ago, Neal Hyman said:

however Immigration at Sriracha is demanding original or get my copy verified at the US embassy in Bangkok 

The US embassy will not verify anything. The might let you do a affidavit that it is true and correct.

A Thai marriage certificate copy can be certified at an Amphoe and the will attach print out of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry to it.

Archived