Thailand to remain closed to mass tourism until March, travel bubble discussions ongoing

rooster59

4 hours ago, Marley01 said:

Travel bubble with China??

money doesn’t go into Thailand’s coffers from the Chinese as everything the Chinese do is through Chinese businesses.

the only Thais making money from the Chinese are those getting envelopes for allowing the Chinese in.

And what are Chinese investing in Thailand - something beautiful to increase the beauty and attractiveness of the country? 

NO - IT'S CONDOS. 

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's not just the people who are unemployed, it's also the people who are getting half or one-third of the income they were getting pre-COVID.

I'd suggest if Thailand wants tourists, vaccination and a rapid virus test upon entry would be the way to go. No-one is going to come here as a tourist with 14 days quarantine, unless they have a compelling reason.

and if more outbreaks happen and Thailand needs to go into a month long lockdown again....Everyone but a few people will be getting 0 thb a week again......This is the best decision right now and only affects a small % of the working people!

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The prospect of Thailand’s borders remaining closed to most foreigners until March will come as a further blow to Thailand’s beleaguered tourism industry which this week was told not to expect the pre-coronavirus pandemic level of 40 million visitors to return to Thailand until 2024.

2024, sounds about right if the vaccine does what it suppose to do once released and there has been positive trial period with no side affects. 

Trial testing, get the vaccine shot, place them in a room with infected cases for 2 hours unprotected, then place them in a separated facility for monitoring for 15 days to see if it works and what side affects it will cause. 

Then you have a creditable vaccine. Any volunteers out there?...????????????????

12 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

Until march? The vaccines are already being given to the western world.. Why can't they just allow vaccinated tourists to enter?

because you need two times to be vaccinated before they say you reach 90 days of protection. and that level seems to be reached after 14 to 30 days after the last vaccine. so march 2021 is the earliest. when start to vaccinate a person. dispite the logic trouble and order of who gets the vaccine first. and people who are able to travel as tourist ar noy under the first waves of vaccinantion as we all know.

when you have read the new you cuold know this too

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Reading other parts of this forum it seems the collective age of forum posters appears to be about 80, not really a stretch to think a man nudging a ton is not keen to come and throw a leg over !!

Yeah, but of  stretch to think BA, Thai & Eva will be flying 6 planes a day from UK full of just 80-100 year olds 

11 hours ago, Don Chance said:

People are being vaccinated very soon. Why shouldn't someone with a vaccine be allowed into Thailand?

The thing about new vaccines is how do you know they are effective until you actually have data on more than a sample size?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Excellent news. Mass tourism has spoilt Thailand's beauty, and I hope it's gone for good.

Oh ...so all of it for just you.  You were a tourist once. Still a visitor. Remember that

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

'Mass tourism' probably enabled you and many other posters that live here, to come to Thailand in the first place.

Mass tourism enables cheap flights and accomodation. It helps to build the infrastructure that enables people to move around the country more easily.

Of course, those who came here earlier do not want to share paradise with the masses.

It was the same when I first came to Thailand (except I drove here). I built a house in the middle of nowhere and told my friends about this geat place that I had found. They told their friends, who told their friends and before you  know it, I am surrounded by more 100 houses. But at least I now have concrete road access, and reliable water and electricity supplies. There are even supermarkets now where I can buy decent bread! ????

It is called progress. The world changes.

Thank you for that spot on comment.  So many expats look down at other tourists now.  They forget that they wont live forever.  

Edited by Bkktodd

18 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

The thing about new vaccines is how do you know they are effective until you actually have data on more than a sample size?

Correct mate,  no way I'm having that queer profit juice in me, so I wont

be going to Thailand ever,  already given properties away, and cant be

bothered with fannying about with paperwork. Plenty to enjoy in the UK.

• Haha 1

Says it all...... Holding the place hostage while they work out the next heist....... Not good to have too many witnesses around....... By the time Thailand opens again most serious travelers will of moved on to easier pastures, along with lots of enterprising young ladies......  All for the good of the people of course.......    It's so sad what's happened in Thailand, and sadly it's not finished by a long chalk......... Not until some individuals get their marching orders....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

Until march? The vaccines are already being given to the western world.. Why can't they just allow vaccinated tourists to enter?

I do believe that the vaccine due to virus shedding, you will see a rise in covid infections sad but true

11 hours ago, brucec64 said:

No, when thailand has vaccinated enough people and achieved herd immunity, it will be safe to allow other vaccinated people to enter without quarantine. For better or for worse, thialand has adopted a virus eradication strategy as opposed to a containment strategy, and domestic vaccinations are required for this strategy to continue to be successful. 

@brucec64 didn't realize you run the country i thought it was a bloke called prayut.. my mistake. 

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Another thread for all the “Im alright Jacks” 

But Thailand's tourism GDP is so low it's irrelevant and Foreigners are not needed...or is the truth really starting to surface.....less than a generation ago, tourist numbers were below 5 million per annum....what did this people do then for work?

It's inaccurate to blame it on tourism alone.A lack of infrastructure is a major contributor to the problem.Some as simple as having more garbage bins.Having them emptied regularly instead of the overflowing eye sore we see.Hire more people to maintain cleanliness.The solutions are readily available the will/initiative to do so not so much.

15 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Excellent news. Mass tourism has spoilt Thailand's beauty, and I hope it's gone for good.

the bad news about mass tourism is that price are high for the normal places farang visited.

noodle soup and rice and chicken is about Bht 50  now or if cheaper you got almost nothing.

It is time for business to start catering to the local masse without having higher prices for other non local.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 10:54 PM, Oldie said:

Isn't it somehow naive to expect that all people will follow COVID rules and regulations by themselves? And there is not much that can be done. You can punish some but you can't stop such a behavior completely.

15 hours ago, dbrenn said:

35 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Does that mean you don’t have to Barclays? 

rules and rules to follow and of course, there is the rules thai way.

they are not made for everyone.

So living in thailand for many years. Don't ask questions and  confirm the rules.. Always find the "special loophole" 

paying taxes and filling the correct paperwork has to be correct. Anything else is a matter of interpretation.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, the green light said:

rules and rules to follow and of course, there is the rules thai way.

they are not made for everyone.

So living in thailand for many years. Don't ask questions and  confirm the rules.. Always find the "special loophole" 

paying taxes and filling the correct paperwork has to be correct. Anything else is a matter of interpretation.

Go on, give us a clue what on earth you’re banging on about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes and all the unemployed Thais as a result of it agree with you. 

Visiting thailand and living Thailand was always upfront for many people.

People come to Thailand based on the amenities being offered and how they perceived the way of life in Thailand.

When they are talking about " Mass tourism" , it is about the  hordes of Chinese coming to thailand on group tour.

One has to understand why now the Chinese are interested in coming to thailand. ..It was all about a Chinese movie about Chiang Mai few years ago that intrigue the Mainland Chinese to visit thailand on  a cheap budget.

As long it is cheap and easy into Thailand and back to their own country... they will come to thailand, With all the restriction in Thailand and back to China, it does not look like a good deal for them and way too expensive for them..

and worst Chinese are superstitious.. they do not believe the Thai government that the COVI19 number is low.. they know better.

Mass tourism is not dead .. there is nobody interested in the program.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

First batch arrived in UK last week.

Vaccination programme commencing this Tuesday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55202093

image.thumb.png.e20f1b3f92592063abbe687c2ebf8f16.png

Similar plans to the above in the USA.  Distribution of the Pfizer vaccine is scheduled to start December 14.  A small to medium sized hospital near me is allocated 1950 doses so that's 975 staff that can be vaccinated. 

15 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Good, but how about shutting down the business of the cross border Thai hookers, and gambling addicts?

NEVER NEVER will it close or controlled..as long as the horny government official still visit the massage parlor in Bangkok.

they do not want these infected hooker to work in Bangkok and  ruin their trip for their  monthly sex relief at the  parlors .

they will keep the border open to send more of them back. ( of course with a good fee)

How can a 21yr hooker have a nice condo and be able to spend money.. it is good for the economy. DUHH..DUHH  got it!!!!!

It is the  angle the government sees.  spending money is good for thailand.

and send them back to a hospital when they come back