Britain in 'final throw of the dice' as EU trade talks set to restart

rooster59

30 minutes ago, candide said:

What will you do if it goes wrong?

Absolutely nothing, because I am a retired nobody having a bit of fun on a Thai based forum putting my views across, a forum where nothing matters regarding changing anything Brexit...:stoner:

In fact, I am amused daily by comments, especially the anti-Brit Brits here, EU blokes, weeell, bit confusing..:blush:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's only Sturgeon and her gullible and ignorant followers causing disunity in the UK. Apart from that we are doing pretty well.

I agree I hope it ends well. But when one side is looking for a deal that helps both sides but the other side is looking to punish, then it becomes difficult. Let's see if the EU can take a more mature stance. Otherwise we both suffer. 

Try to remember, Brexiteers are not anti Europe we are anti EU. Only the Remainers claim otherwise. Don't fall for their rhetoric, its divisive and counter productive. 

A brexiteer calling others gullible and ignorant ????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Whats disturbing is people voting to damage the UK economy while having no clue as to what they were voting for. 

But you want the UK split up, and you worry about the UK economy over Brexit. Bwaaaaaaaaah...Crazy stuff.....:blush:

39 minutes ago, vogie said:

The country made a democratic decision, we will stick with that decision and remember if it does go wrong for us, it most certainly will go wrong for you too. 

I don't get the go wrong but at all UK don't seem to give a dam and is driving a hard bargain on 3 things. 

Just one is the fishing scenario it seems if the EU doesn't give it's a no deal for sure. 

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

We realise that it will be a fraction from  the going wrong from "Great Brexit's "

Glad you understand it is Great Brexit, and not your usual.....well done....:clap2:

Inside-The-Crystal-Ball.jpg

Edited by transam
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Absolutely nothing, because I am a retired nobody having a bit of fun on a Thai based forum putting my views across, a forum where nothing matters regarding changing anything Brexit...:stoner:

In fact, I am amused daily by comments, especially the anti-Brit Brits here, EU blokes, weeell, bit confusing..:blush:

Well a remain does rhyme with a pain. ???? ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Glad you understand it is Great Brexit, and not your usual.....well done....:clap2:

Inside-The-Crystal-Ball.jpg

Good to see you are agreed and happy with the new name instaed of Great Britain ....????....

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Good to see you are agreed and happy with the new name instaed of Great Britain ....????....

Nothing to do with a new name for Great Britain, you quoted "Great Brexit", which it is. But, if your country wants to refer to GB/UK as something else, I am sure folk will not really care, sunshine.....????

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Nothing to do with a new name for Great Britain, you quoted "Great Brexit", which it is. But, if your country wants to refer to GB/UK as something else, I am sure folk will not really care, sunshine.....????

Well i have put it in that way ...

Now i am dissapointed ☹️ as i thought you liked the new name taking it proudly...which name change is very fitting the situation ???? 

BTW   Bloomberg  is on edge to the £...as the Gbp is sliding seriously .....( not yet in Thailand as they are slow and special in exchange handling..)

Edited by david555

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

Well i have put it in that way ...

Now i am dissapointed ☹️ as i thought you liked the new name taking it proudly...which name change is very fitting the situation ???? 

BTW   Bloomberg  is on edge to the £...as the Gbp is sliding seriously .....( not yet in Thailand as they are slow and special in exchange handling..)

As long as that's made your day, I am happy for you....:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

As long as that's made your day, I am happy for you....:thumbsup:

Dont panic too much as i just see on Bloomberg Doller is only 1.54% up against the  Gbp......not dramatic yet ...waiting formal no deal now ...to see result then 

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Dont panic too much as i just see on Bloomberg Doller is only 1.54% up against the  Gbp......not dramatic yet ...waiting formal no deal now ...to see result then 

You could start your very own money thread, I know you worry about money....????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

You could start your very own money thread, I know you worry about money....????

Even a London cabby is interested in money i guess to speak in English understanding ....keeping an eye on it is a reasonable habit ...especially in Thailand .

Of course you can always pay agent instead of putting 800 k Thb aside on bank ????

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Even a London cabby is interested in money i guess to speak in English understanding ....keeping an eye on it is a reasonable habit ...especially in Thailand .

Of course you can always pay agent instead of putting 800 k Thb aside on bank ????

I think you are wondering off topic ol' son, stop worrying.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

I think you are wondering off topic ol' son, stop worrying.  

You "tricked me in" to it by the word money worrying .????...ok  i stop about hurting  ...

• Haha 2

After reading all these comments, plus the MSM I have come to realise that although my passport says I am a citizen of the UK, the UK I was born into 85 years ago is so different from the present that it is no longer really relevant to me, I am just a disinterested but mildly interested spectator. 

• Like 2

"Johnson is ready to walk away from the negotiations within hours unless the EU backs down from its “outrageous” demands, the Sun reported, citing an unidentified source close to the British prime minister. He could make an address to the country as soon as Tuesday evening, the newspaper said."

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-12-07/barnier-tells-diplomats-he-s-pushing-for-a-deal-brexit-update

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

"Johnson is ready to walk away from the negotiations within hours unless the EU backs down from its “outrageous” demands, the Sun reported, citing an unidentified source close to the British prime minister. He could make an address to the country as soon as Tuesday evening, the newspaper said."

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-12-07/barnier-tells-diplomats-he-s-pushing-for-a-deal-brexit-update

Why not tonight the adress to the nation ...while walking away...? ???? 

Would be more spectacular than kicking the can to Tuesday again ...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Ahh but isn’t Bloomberg on the Brexiteers never ending list of ‘bias’ ? ????

Well let's hope Boris gets a deal  or the brexiteers are in for a rude awaking

loss of jobs ect 

For us here in Thailand a low pound less baht

Yesterday the pound  $1.35 on expecting good news on a deal

Now $1.32.60 on maybe no deal could get worse if that happens 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, vogie said:

Gives me 10 minutes, I'll ring Boris up and ask him citing david555 from thaivisa wants to know why not tonight, I have mentioned you to him before, he has heard of you and takes great interest in your posts.

Oh you brexit bunch look so annoyed today... ????...nervous for the big freedom happening ? .....????????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1