Phuket employers asked to report recently arrived illegal migrant workers

rooster59

Phuket employers asked to report recently arrived illegal migrant workers

By The Phuket News

1607151869_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Vikrom Jakthee at the meeting yesterday (Dec 4). photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has urged employers of migrant workers on the island to report any migrant workers who are believed to have illegally entered Phuket as part of the island’s campaign targeting migrant workers for suspected COVID-19 infections.

Governor Narong issued his request for cooperation at a meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (Dec 4) as he ordered officials to ramp up their efforts to locate and identify all migrant workers in Phuket who may have brought the virus with them from “neighbouring countries”.

“This meeting aims to ask for cooperation from every employer who hires migrant workers to examine their workers who may have illegally come into the country, as the COVID-19 pandemic is still happening in our neighboring countries,” Governor Narong said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-employers-asked-to-report-recently-arrived-illegal-migrant-workers-78215.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-12-06

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has urged employers of migrant workers on the island to report any migrant workers who are believed to have illegally entered Phuket as part of the island’s campaign targeting migrant workers for suspected COVID-19 infections.

Logically (flawed I know), does this mean that employers don't normally bother report them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

This meeting aims to ask for cooperation from every employer who hires migrant workers to examine their workers who may have illegally come into the country, as the COVID-19 pandemic is still happening in our neighboring countries,” Governor Narong said.

Lol... is he for real?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 2long said:

So basically expecting employers to admit to breaking the law by employing cheap illegal labour. ???? I can't see many volunteering to do that, really.

These migrants may have a work permit and skipped quarantine

On 12/6/2020 at 7:40 AM, 2long said:

So basically expecting employers to admit to breaking the law by employing cheap illegal labour. ???? I can't see many volunteering to do that, really.

I wonder of CP is going to own up to this, all his shrimp processors?