Jump to content

Phuket employers asked to report recently arrived illegal migrant workers


Recommended Posts

Phuket employers asked to report recently arrived illegal migrant workers

By The Phuket News

 

1607151869_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Vikrom Jakthee at the meeting yesterday (Dec 4). photo: PR Phuket

 

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has urged employers of migrant workers on the island to report any migrant workers who are believed to have illegally entered Phuket as part of the island’s campaign targeting migrant workers for suspected COVID-19 infections.

 

Governor Narong issued his request for cooperation at a meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (Dec 4) as he ordered officials to ramp up their efforts to locate and identify all migrant workers in Phuket who may have brought the virus with them from “neighbouring countries”.

 

“This meeting aims to ask for cooperation from every employer who hires migrant workers to examine their workers who may have illegally come into the country, as the COVID-19 pandemic is still happening in our neighboring countries,” Governor Narong said.

 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-employers-asked-to-report-recently-arrived-illegal-migrant-workers-78215.php

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-12-06
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has urged employers of migrant workers on the island to report any migrant workers who are believed to have illegally entered Phuket as part of the island’s campaign targeting migrant workers for suspected COVID-19 infections.

Logically (flawed I know), does this mean that employers don't normally bother report them?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I take it all migrate workers have to do 14 days quirentine.before they can work? But they must have to stay then in Thailand then.cant go back and forth...so why are the borders even open at all,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

This meeting aims to ask for cooperation from every employer who hires migrant workers to examine their workers who may have illegally come into the country, as the COVID-19 pandemic is still happening in our neighboring countries,” Governor Narong said.

Lol... is he for real?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 2long said:

So basically expecting employers to admit to breaking the law by employing cheap illegal labour. 🤔 I can't see many volunteering to do that, really.

These migrants may have a work permit and skipped quarantine

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 7:40 AM, 2long said:

So basically expecting employers to admit to breaking the law by employing cheap illegal labour. 🤔 I can't see many volunteering to do that, really.

I wonder of CP is going to own up to this, all his shrimp processors?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...