Are westerners allowed to compete and welcome to the Senior Athletic Track and Field games?

Rhys

The Senior Games are provided for seniors to keep active and compete in Track and Field events.  I was considering entering an event and was wondering if there was any type of bias or unwanted attention.. The group's intention seems universal and based in fitness... Just wondering what is hidden in this area.

Edited by Rhys

I can only answer as far as running sport is concerned. 

Some events demand a higher fee for participating in a run from Farangs. (฿1000 instead of ฿800 for a half marathon for instance). This isn't the rule and probably 

Some race organisers try to exclude Farangs so that they can say they are doing something about Covid. I think they got shouted down.

Age: Anybody over 60 is considered to be 60-+, which is unhelpful if you're 73, like me. 

This last example, which as often as not happens in what are supposed to be in support of general health, local hospitals, etc, needs to be addressed, especially as sometimes the number of participants who just happen to be exactly 60 on some race events is surprisingly high.

What senior games were you aiming for? I might be interested, know nothing about senior games as such in Thailand

Cheers Mate

Thai Veteran Athletics Association 286 Ramkhamhaeng Road, Hua Mak Subdistrict, Bang Kapi District, Bangkok 10240
Tel : +66-8-1483-6823, (02) 319-9482, (02) 318-0940 Ext 1054-1056 | Fax : (02) 319-9482

It is called the Thai Masters Athletic Champions... Sorry not good with linking.. but type it in.. and you will see the web page but it is Thai... Click the English Version. 

Next meet Close to Bangkok,  March 3-7 (not sure of dates)  They will have your age division. increments of 4 years.  Samut Sonkran Province.

It was a similar situation with the Thai University Games... It was open to all but few westerners entered...and those that did enter, seemed to go with the flow.. I just recall in some races  with  westerners, there was extra incentive to beat them.... 

Not a runner however... A thrower...

Edited by Rhys

22 hours ago, Rhys said:

Cheers Mate

Thai Veteran Athletics Association 286 Ramkhamhaeng Road, Hua Mak Subdistrict, Bang Kapi District, Bangkok 10240
Tel : +66-8-1483-6823, (02) 319-9482, (02) 318-0940 Ext 1054-1056 | Fax : (02) 319-9482

It is called the Thai Masters Athletic Champions... Sorry not good with linking.. but type it in.. and you will see the web page but it is Thai... Click the English Version. 

Next meet Close to Bangkok,  March 3-7 (not sure of dates)  They will have your age division. increments of 4 years.  Samut Sonkran Province.

It was a similar situation with the Thai University Games... It was open to all but few westerners entered...and those that did enter, seemed to go with the flow.. I just recall in some races  with  westerners, there was extra incentive to beat them.... 

Not a runner however... A thrower...

I believe these take place every two years.