Thailand elite to Retirement visa

Hi,

In 2 years, i need to move from Thailand elite to Retirement visa .

I want to ask :

I need to leave Thailand or i can doing it with some agent here  ?

Need the Police Check ? 

Need Covid insurance or other kind of insurance ?

Thank you

You cannot change a Thai Elite visa entry to a 90 day non-o visa based upon qualifying for a extension of stay based upon retirement. It can only be done with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

A extension of stay based upon retirement does not require a police clearance, insurance or a medical certificate. Those are only required to a apply for a OA or OX visa at a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change a Thai Elite visa entry to a 90 day non-o visa based upon qualifying for a extension of stay based upon retirement. It can only be done with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

A extension of stay based upon retirement does not require a police clearance, insurance or a medical certificate. Those are only required to a apply for a OA or OX visa at a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country.

So he need to leave the country, or take the risk of using a visa agent? 

56 minutes ago, Tagged said:

So he need to leave the country, or take the risk of using a visa agent? 

Leave and re-enter the country is the best option. Either a visa exempt entry or with a tourist visa or even better a single entry non-o visa from a nearby embassy or consulate.

A agent probably would not be able to do it either.

Don't go to agent. You can do it yourself. Prepare well. Ask immigration what documents to show and how many copies of each. Easy peasy. You get used to it. Agents are a pain in the ads. They ask a lot of money for easy jobs. Don't wait for their turn, pay of officials. No respect for them.

I guess the best thing is to go to your emigration and make a direct request, they are useally very helpful and direct when you arrive at their office. I have recieved good information at this forums when it comes to convert visas, but when I arrive at my local imigration, there is something missing, or I have a bounch of documents they do not need.   

3 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I guess the best thing is to go to your emigration and make a direct request, they are useally very helpful and direct when you arrive at their office.

Immigration would tell him the same thing that I wrote. This from the requirements to apply for a non-o visa at immigration.

"1.1 FormTM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist or Transit Visa and want to applies for a change of type of visa (from Tourist Visa or Transit Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa); or

1.2 FormTM.87 for the foreigner, who enters the kingdom of Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in the kingdom with a permit of stay for a period of 15 days, 30 days, 90 days and want to applies for non-immigrant visa."

A Thai Elite visa is neither of the above.

Archived