Bags and mobile phones

phka

Hi I have an appointment with the embassy in the afternoon. 

I will come straight from my hotel to the embassy then after return straight home, 

Am I allowed to bring my small bag of luggage (small rucksack) and my mobile phone with me, and is there anywhere to leave it at the embassy for 30 minutes during my appointment 

1 hour ago, JustinCredible said:

I have not been to the new building, but at the old on they would take your bag(s) and mobile phone and put in a secure area withing the Reception area on Wireless Road.  

I would imagine there is a similar system in place at the new venue.

just don't drop your bag and walk away from it....lol

36 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

why not phone embassay......it is as simple as that.....

"Simplicity itself" is not how I would personally describe calling the British Embassy on the dog and bone. It is an extremely time-consuming process involving the need to navigate your way through a complex automated menu system which makes finding your way to the centre of the Hampton Court Maze a doddle in comparison!

Far easier, I think, to click on the following link:-

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok/office/british-embassy-bangkok

where you will be presented with the following information of particular relevance to this thread:-

"British Embassy security procedures require that all visitors are searched before entering the premises. Mobile phones will be collected at the Embassy gate but the British Embassy and local guards are not liable for any loss or damage. In addition, you will NOT be allowed to enter the British Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the items below:

" * Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.

" * Any oversize shoulder bags.

" * Any oversize handbags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases."

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, OJAS said:

"Simplicity itself" is not how I would personally describe calling the British Embassy on the dog and bone. It is an extremely time-consuming process involving the need to navigate your way through a complex automated menu system which makes finding your way to the centre of the Hampton Court Maze a doddle in comparison!

Far easier, I think, to click on the following link:-

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok/office/british-embassy-bangkok

where you will be presented with the following information of particular relevance to this thread:-

"British Embassy security procedures require that all visitors are searched before entering the premises. Mobile phones will be collected at the Embassy gate but the British Embassy and local guards are not liable for any loss or damage. In addition, you will NOT be allowed to enter the British Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the items below:

" * Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.

Tells you no 

Any oversize handbags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases."

But it doesn't tell you if you can leave them somewhere before you enter. 

Be nice to hear from them themselves wouldn't it. 

19 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

Sorry about the delay answering this one...  you can bring your bag and your phone in (we'll check them before you come up to the offices) but we don't have anywhere you can leave them, I am afraid. 

Thanks a search is fine by me

20 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

Sorry about the delay answering this one...  you can bring your bag and your phone in (we'll check them before you come up to the offices) but we don't have anywhere you can leave them, I am afraid. 

So which one is it please?

Edited by KannikaP

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So which one is it please?

Mine is an cloth ruck sack about 14 inches long  quite small when it's screws up into a ball

• Confused 1