Officials take action after Hua Hin event falls foul of Thailand’s strict alcohol laws

webfact

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Such an International event should have been given special permission to sell beer within the confines of the concert, Bad decision people will remember the next time dont go there cannot get a beer

It won't come to that, if there is any action or threats of action in the future then there won't be another Jazz festival outside of a private venue ever again.

• Like 1

On the first night (Friday), from opening time till about 8pm, the tent on the beach had only lime soda stored and sold from a large cooler box, while beer (draft only) was stored and poured into plastic glasses from the top of the wall of a private property bordering the beach just behind the tent. The reason given for this was that it was not permitted to sell alcohol on the beach. After about 8pm, an associated (slightly cheaper) brand of  beer "appeared" in the cooler box under the tent and was being sold from there.

About 8pm or a little before was also the time that security checking at the entrance was no longer as strict. This is common each year, as not long after the official opening ceremony (usually between 6 to 7pm) "officials" present for the opening leave.

On the second night (Saturday), in addition to the apparently legal "on the wall" sale, beer cans (two associated brands) were stored and sold from the large cooler box under the tent from opening time (around 5pm or earlier).

If Chang had sponsored the Jazz Festival all would have been good. I don't understand why they do this on the beach. They would get 5 times more people if they set it up behind BluePort and had enough table and chairs for people to set eating and drinking.  I guess on the beach is more high so BS. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

If Chang had sponsored the Jazz Festival all would have been good. I don't understand why they do this on the beach. They would get 5 times more people if they set it up behind BluePort and had enough table and chairs for people to set eating and drinking.  I guess on the beach is more high so BS. 

Cheaper?

This was a free event with great music and there were several thousand in attendance.  I spent 14 hours at this festival, the third consecutive year I have attended.  I stayed at the adjacent Centara Grand Beach Resort so I could use their beach chairs to enjoy the event.  I believe the resort is a sponsor of the festival. It would be a shame not to serve beer on the beach next year but I got mine on the resort’s private property.

23 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I agree, it was a public beach and they had no right for an erection on a public beach .

The authorities did the right thing as well , just asked for the erection not to be used and for it to be removed .

Drinking beer on a beach  is frowned upon, but acceptable , but drinking beer on a public beach with an erection is just plain wrong 

with an erection is just plain wrong 

Tell this to my GF.

Kill that economy, numpties. Hi yo silver awaaaaaay on my high anti-alcohol horse. Anything to extract bribe and fine money.  Wonder how their crusade against showing alcohol on social media is going? Every step they take is into another pile of feces.

4 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Kill that economy, numpties. Hi yo silver awaaaaaay on my high anti-alcohol horse. Anything to extract bribe and fine money.  Wonder how their crusade against showing alcohol on social media is going? Every step they take is into another pile of feces.

Wish there was an "uplifting" button...

• Haha 1