Thailand Public Holidays

samtam

I am so confused by the Official Public Holidays and then the supplemental ones.

I believe today 7 December is a PH in lieu of 5 December, because it was a Saturday. (My management office was closed on 5 December, but is open today, "because only government offices are closed...")

10 December is a PH for Constitution Day. But I noted supplemental holidays for 11 & 12  & 13 December. (My management office is closed on 10 & 11 December, but open on 13 December.)

It seems application of the supplemental PH is arbitrary. I am trying to give my maid the full benefit of PH & supplemental, but because widely varying interpretation, it is quite difficult.

Officially I presume this week only has 8 & 9 December as working days, but who TF knows?

Are "supplemental" holidays only for government offices?

I often wonder that with the introduction of smart phones that require a Google Account, why people don't use the Calendar function fully.  The default set of calendars is all very well, but you can add religous ones, phases of the moon, Thai holidays and festivals and so on and so on.  Come on people, sign into your account, look at your dashboard, select Calendars, browse calendars of interest and put some ticks in those boxes!  Don't forget to adjust the Calendar settings on your android or Apple device afterwards to display the new entries you've requested.  Google knows everything, well, it likes to think it does.

".Google.com" anybody?  account.google.com, maps.google.com, mail.google.com, photos.google.com, shopping.google.com, Good grief: calendar.google.com -  see a pattern there?

• Like 1