Amazing Thailand video: Drug crazed construction worker steals backhoe then attacks police pick-up!

webfact

9 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

That Backhoe looks more like an Excavator to me.

Also known as backhoe, back actor, excavator.

From wikipedia ''The term "backhoe" refers to the action of the bucket, not its location on the vehicle.[2] That is, a backhoe digs by drawing earth backwards, rather than lifting it with a forward motion like a person''

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shoupy said:

This in essence is the difference between East and West.  In the West, he would have been shot dead within two minutes and 50 rounds would have been fired.

That sounds more like the wild west???? 

1 minute ago, itsallmine68 said:

"That Backhoe looks more like an Excavator to me."

Well your Honor it couldnt have been my client as he was operating an Excavator and NOT a Backhoe. 

Well they if the Prosecution cannot identify the weapon in said case them you are free to go. Case Closed

I blame the uneducated person translating the article to english.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Those things operate on a hand throttle.

If they had shot the driver the machine could have just carried on till the diesel ran out   :post-4641-1156693976:

Not really, throttle is automatic depending on load once the deadman is put down.  Two joystick like hand controls, the left operating the slew(rotation) and boom (up and down) with the right controlling the stick and bucket curl (both in and out).  There are also two pedals on the floor that also have tall hand levers attached to them to control the tracks forward and backward.  If they had shot him, there is a slight chance that he could slump on one of the controls but the movement of the machine would most probably move him off quickly enough?

41 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

JCB Is a brand name not a generic term.

But then some call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover..... Go figure !!

JCB is a brand name I admit but it is used as a generic term for an excavator, a backhoe, in fact any heavy earth moving machinery, but I was talking about when we were kids !!

Guilty as charged with Hoover though , used it as a noun and a verb !!

” pass me the Hoover and I’ll do the hoovering “