Cat female spaying for free (for Thai) at Pattaya city vet clinic, is the job correct ? what about dogs ?

SePl

hello,

I found this post but it's closed:

and about dogs.

But I have read somewhere else that Pattaya city can spay and neuter cats and dogs for free for Thai ? Can you confirm ?

Some people say that the job is not complete ? Can you explain ?

I also searched this: https://www.avma.org/resources/pet-owners/petcare/spaying-and-neutering

Hysterectomy: the uterus and part of the fallopian tubes are removed from a female dog or cat. This makes her unable to reproduce, but her ovaries remain and will produce hormones.  This may not eliminate the dog or cat’s behaviors associated with the breeding instinct.

Is it what is done at the free clinic ? and you do not recommend because the female cat will still have heat and go crazy ?

But when you pay other vets they will do Ovariohysterectomy ?

Ovariohysterectomy, or the typical “spay”: the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus are removed from a female dog or cat. This makes her unable to reproduce and eliminates her heat cycle and breeding instinct-related behavior.

So if the free clinic doesn't do the complete job, better pay a vet, but do you know a cheap one ? it's not for me, it's for a covid-victim Thai family without money.

By the way, they also have a dog, it seems less urgent, but can the clinic also do it for free ?

Thank you for your information.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 2:03 PM, solafr said:

I guess that you would apply this on yourself, right ?

I imagine there's some moron out there with a YouTube video...

The hilarity starts when dude changes his mind and is trying to get it off....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 8:18 PM, SePl said:

I mean female cat ????

and yes the dog is a male (I guess that for them anybody can do it as it's just ball removing?)

I think holding an un sedated dog down to de ball it would be difficult.

I spent a day in a vet's clinic once and watched them doing female cats. To a skilled vet it's very simple and they can do a lot in an hour, the making them unconscious bit probably takes longer than the op.  I'd expect a bitch to be rather more involved.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think holding an un sedated dog down to de ball it would be difficult.

Isn't the rural Thai way to put some elastic bands around the top of them? Sounds an unpleasant and long lasting torture.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:20 PM, jacko45k said:

Isn't the rural Thai way to put some elastic bands around the top of them? Sounds an unpleasant and long lasting torture.

Not really. Millions of ram lambs are castrated every year by having rubber bands applied above them. However, the proper rubber bands are much stronger than ordinary ones and need a special tool to apply.

The old way was to cut the ball sack and rip the testicles out with a pair of special pliers, following which the bleeding was stopped with a red hot steel rod. The sheep dogs loved eating the removed balls. I think rubber bands are probably more humane, and till people stop wanting to eat lamb will continue.

• Thanks 1