Drawings for a house new build

billywhizz17

Hi Everybody

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and building a house near KK, does anybody know of a good architect in the area who could do me a set of drawings , bill of quantities and get the building permit ? I've tried a few already but they don't really listen to what I want , and want to push their own ideas and plans onto me , plus want to control the whole building process with their associated costs , think I'm getting the Ooh it's a Farang lets stick in a high price attitude.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven't had time to look through all the old posts ( small child gobbles up most of our time these days!!)

Cheers 

Bill

• Like 1

Has the OP gone to a licensed "architect" office or to a "Home Builder" company?  "plus want to control the whole building process with their associated costs"

An "architect" works with a draftsman and often on larger projects, an engineer. When the "architect" wants to control your building project, they are wearing too many hats.  

MJCM, gave you two good tips. Go in person to meet "the architect at the Tessaban" and pay the nominal sum to obtain a "permit to build".  You may not end up hiring the architect at the Tessaban, but it gives you an opportunity to see approved plans and know who to bring your final plans for approval. Then when the local builder tries to suggest switching to "easier steel size", you have a reference point and reference person. 

• Like 1

We Used plans we bought on line and had the builder modify them for us. Our builder was recemented by a another expat  in the area who had his house build by him and was very happy with the work,   he did a great job for us also with little drama. 

I recommended him to others and all except for one had any complains, I guess it all depends on how busy he is at the time and able to properly supervise. 

If interested PM me and I will give you his info. 

Hi thanks for the information everyone , we've been to the Tessaban and are getting the drawings done by them at a cost of 5,000 Bt so we'll see what they produce, also been to see a local builder on a job he was doing so once we've got the plans and permits we'll go back to him for a price and take it from there , once I've got the finances in place as well !   

2 hours ago, billywhizz17 said:

Hi thanks for the information everyone , we've been to the Tessaban and are getting the drawings done by them at a cost of 5,000 Bt so we'll see what they produce, also been to see a local builder on a job he was doing so once we've got the plans and permits we'll go back to him for a price and take it from there , once I've got the finances in place as well !   

Good luck and start a thread when you start building if you have the time. If you are available make sure to visit the build site on daily bases, workers tend to take it upon himself to be creative, many of them sincerely thinking that they are helping.    . Many treads of home building in this and other forums. skimming through them might bring to your attention something you might not considered. Below is a link to my home build in Khon Kaen two years ago. 

Chock Dee

Edited by sirineou

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone 

We've nearly got all our drawings together now so went to the tessaban yesterday and they queried some missing drawings and have now rung us with a price for approving them of 14000 Baht does this seem right ? the house is aprox 255M square so I assume they are charging by the square meter.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Cheers Bill 

3 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

You can obtain the current posted fee for a "permit to build" by contacting this organization. I have paid under 300 baht for a small home and under 800 baht for a larger two story home. 

https://osos.boi.go.th/EN/how-to/139/Dealing-with-Construction-Permits/

May I ask what is the difference with this and the Tessabaan permit to build? Or are they different.

Edited by MJCM