Everyone in Chiang Rai to wear face masks as six new COVID-19 cases are reported

snoop1130

Everyone in Chiang Rai to wear face masks as six new COVID-19 cases are reported

ประชาชนในสวนสาธารณะ.jpg

File photo

A province-wide campaign will be launched in Thailand’s northern border province of Chiang Rai to encourage everyone there to wear a face mask while they are outdoors, after six more COVID-19 cases were recorded today among Thai returnees, from Myanmar’s Thachilek township, and are in local quarantine.

A big cleanup of the entire province is also scheduled for December 10th, starting at 10am, according to Governor Prachon Pratsakul who maintained, however, that there is no lockdown yet in the province, in the wake of an increasing number of infections brought in by Thais working in the entertainment industry in Thachilek.

The new infections have raised the total in Chiang Rai to 26, including 20 who legally crossed the border and have entered local quarantine, five illegal returnees plus one locally-transmitted case.

The six new cases are all Thai women, two of whom, aged 25 and 24, worked at a nightclub and karaoke bar in Thachilek and four others, aged 25 to 31 who worked at the iG1 Hotel, also in Thachilek.

Governor Prachon said that the COVID-infected illegal returnees will be dealt with in accordance with the law, once they have completed treatment, adding that, by keeping all returnees from Myanmar in local quarantine, the disease will be contained.

Regarding health screening for those in contact with the infected people, health officials have conducted tests on 4,224 cases, between December 2nd and 6th. 3,113 have tested negative and results of the rest are expected this evening.

Director of Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital said that they can accommodate up to 60 patients, while the medical centre at Mae Fah Luang has more than 300 beds available receive patients.

Ban Pa Daeng School has been ordered closed for a week from today, after some staff were found to be infected.

Meanwhile, the CCSA reported 21 new COVID-19 cases in Thailand today, including nine cases in Chiang Rai province alone.

The new cases are Thais, two Americans, an Estonian, an Indian, a German and a Nigerian.

Cumulative infections, to date, are 4,107, with 3,868 recoveries and 179 others are still being treated in hospitals. The death toll remains 60.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/everyone-in-chiang-rai-to-wear-face-masks-as-six-new-covid-19-cases-are-reported/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-12-07

Not just in the North, Far too many farangs walking around Pattaya without face masks, or have them off the nose and face and tucked under the chin, must have seen 5 or 6 of these morons in Big C today. No Thais without, just farangs

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Not just in the North, Far too many farangs walking around Pattaya without face masks, or have them off the nose and face and tucked under the chin, must have seen 5 or 6 of these morons in Big C today. No Thais without, just farangs

Possibly not in Big C itself but outside generally in Pattaya there are probably more Thais then foreigners not wearing masks and I see this every day.

• Sad 1

I'll give it till just after the weekend to hear of the spike spreading everywhere as people travel to and from Chiang Mai visiting friends, going on holidays, and the like, then we will see lockdowns ensue around the end of the month, so stock up and grab some of those fine bottles of your choice to keep you warm during the winter lockdown.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Have you not noticed this, there's many many people that don't bother and have not bother with face masks for months, why should they?

The only cases of CV ( until this carry on recently ) has been in quaratine cases with people returning.

Do you wear a mask anytime you're outside?

Yes, every time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

interesting that 2 people put a confused emoji on my post, says it all really. Hope I never get near them if they are one of the deniers. . 

34 minutes ago, topt said:

Possibly not in Big C itself but outside generally in Pattaya there are probably more Thais then foreigners not wearing masks and I see this every day.

what I don't get is that they must have the on to get into Big C and then take them off. That is even more moronic. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Have you not noticed this, there's many many people that don't bother and have not bother with face masks for months, why should they?

The only cases of CV ( until this carry on recently ) has been in quaratine cases with people returning.

Do you wear a mask anytime you're outside?

To answer your question - Yes. It common sense to protect myself and others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

what I don't get is that they must have the on to get into Big C and then take them off. That is even more moronic. 

Possibly as Moronic as Big C Security Staff not doing a good job and ejecting them from the Store.

But hey ! Thy are spending money, so who cares.

I've been through Phrae / Nan / Phayao / CR this last 4-5 days, i'd say less than 50% wearing masks.

I will wear one if in a crowded area but otherwise not.

Sounds like a lot of people on here are still very concerned....interesting considering the few amount of cases...

To each their own i guess.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I will wear one if in a crowded area but otherwise not.

I would say, this is very ok.

I admire all those people north of Phrae wearing masks.

Not always, not everywhere.

Europe, US. Is this an alternative?