Online Course for Learning Thai Language?

Chris.B

I learned in a village too... I used a book for vocabulary and mostly learned from everyone... 

when I was understood, that word became mine... just keep trying and don't be afraid to make mistakes...

My wife now has fun using a translation program app... it isn't bad - though not always correct... 

19 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Hi,

Thanks but no, I don't want to watch videos online

I am interested in being a student in a class with a teacher albeit it being online.

You misunderstood. The students are all online with the teacher online in a virtual class.

Here is the link to their online lessons.

http://learnthaiwithmod.com/online-group-lessons/

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

You misunderstood. The students are all online with the teacher online in a virtual class.

Here is the link to their online lessons.

http://learnthaiwithmod.com/online-group-lessons/

:sorry:

Yes, that is exactly the advice I am looking for! Thanks very much.

The Level 1 & 2, who takes the classes, Kru Mod or Kru Pear?

I see there is also Kru Ang who takes private lessons. Do you have any views on her teaching skills?

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

:sorry:

Yes, that is exactly the advice I am looking for! Thanks very much.

The Level 1 & 2, who takes the classes, Kru Mod or Kru Pear?

I see there is also Kru Ang who takes private lessons. Do you have any views on her teaching skills?

From their videos, both Kru Mod and Kru Pear can speak English fairly well and can explain quite clearly in English unlike the teachers I've met in Chiang Mai.

Never heard of Kru Ang.

If you are at beginner level, it's better to do group class. Private lessons is more suitable for upper levels.

You can email them for advice and on which teacher you would like to have.

I don't get a single cent for recommending them.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 6:15 AM, cmarshall said:

The best school for Thai in Thailand is at sumaa.net.  They do online teaching.  Sumaa teaches a lot of the diplomats around town.

They seem to have withdrawn their online courses now as the web page for their online group class page doesn't work anymore.

Edited by Chris.B

9 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

They seem to have withdrawn their online courses now as the web page for their online group class page doesn't work anymore.

Call them and ask.  I know that they still teach online, although I don't know if that includes group lessons.

25 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

Call them and ask.  I know that they still teach online, although I don't know if that includes group lessons.

I emailed them in December and asked them to contact me with a start date for an online group class but they never did.

I have since enrolled on the 'learnthaiwithmod' course I mentioned above.

• 2 years later...
On 12/9/2020 at 11:15 PM, cmarshall said:

The best school for Thai in Thailand is at sumaa.net.  They do online teaching.  Sumaa teaches a lot of the diplomats around town.

The best school is right outside your front door.

I don't understand why people want language lessons while residing in the country of that language.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Some one on here recommended Chula to me. price is reasonable and i take comfort that things are likely (used in its broadest possible sense) to be run properly as its a red brick universty and one of Thailand's top university's.