Teen stabs father to death after criticism for playing on his phone and not doing homework

webfact

Teen stabs father to death after criticism for playing on his phone and not doing homework

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Krap Yai police in Ratchaburi were called to a house yesterday evening after reports of a man having died from a stabbing.

There they found 38 year old Tossaphon dead in an outside kitchen area. He had been stabbed once under his left armpit.

There was a train of blood inside the house where 15 year old "Em", a pupil in M3 at a local school was waiting along with a one foot long knife.

Media 77kaoded said that the teen had "arrested development" issues. 

His grandmother said that she had looked after him since he was small and because his parents had split up. 

His father had come to the house and had a go at him for playing on his phone rather than doing his homework.

He made as if to hit Em who then picked up the knife that was lying about and stabbed his father. 

9pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

His father then staggered outside and died.

Em has been charged with killing his father and police led him to the corpse to "kraap" in apology for having slayed him.

Em is now in custody. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-08

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Getting the phone back from my kids will be suicide, so I guess the only thing I can do is remove all the knifes from my house.

Our teens have a grade average + attitude/helping around the house qualifier to earn & keep the phone/smart TV privileges.....

One breezed through her teens managing all and did well.....

The other is 13 and it doesn't look like she'll be playing on a phone or STV for the rest of her teen years based on the criteria....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

The father was only 15 years older than his son. Every day there is some wild story involving mental health issues and this really needs to be addressed.

23 years older 15 - 38....

2 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

it was on the news. The kid is autistic.

So what? Do you know anything about autistics? I confess that I know very little but I am willing to learn more. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

A snippet.

Globally, autism is estimated to affect 24.8 million people as of 2015.[16] In the 2000s, the number of people affected was estimated at 1–2 per 1,000 people worldwide.

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/facts.html

Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability  that can cause significant social, communication and behavioral challenges. There is often nothing about how people with ASD look that sets them apart from other people, but people with ASD may communicate, interact, behave, and learn in ways that are different from most other people. The learning, thinking, and problem-solving abilities of people with ASD can range from gifted to severely challenged. Some people with ASD need a lot of help in their daily lives; others need less.

I suspect that there will be little for people with autism in Thailand.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, billd766 said:

Really? Do you know the family personally?

If not, how can you make a judgement of something you know nothing about?

Oh come on Bill it's fun ????

Yes it's a sad subject but not one we can help with.