Gruesome end to teenage shenanigans in Phitsanulok

webfact

Gruesome end to teenage shenanigans in Phitsanulok

By The Nation

800_16958b889d7ffdb.jpg?v=1607414054

Teenage monkey business came to a horrifying end in Phitsanulok province on Monday night when four schoolgirls lost control of their motorbike and fell off a bridge.

The girls, all aged 16, were found in a pool of blood at about 8pm. Two had apparently died immediately, while the other two sustained severe injuries.

Police suspect they were speeding when they lost control and fell off the bridge, hitting the ground below at high impact.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399276

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-08

• Sad 4

30 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Sad.  The girls had the misfortune to be part of a society which pays no regard to safety of oneself or others, where the laws are unenforced and where the media reports such events as monkey business and shenanigans. 

And also a Society where Kids are considered to be an inconvenience to many Parents

Very sad story, but just another S@@@@y Day on Thailands roads

RIP

Such a sorry state of affairs, when will anyone in authority start to do something about the flagrant disregard for rules, regulations & laws ??

All their parents should be hauled over the coals for letting this very sad state of affairs occur in the first place.

At 16 years of age they were old enough to better but their parents should not have let 4 girls out on a bike at night, probably no helmets, licence or insurance and an overwhelming lack of experience, we can all voice our sadness & frustration but we all know that unfortunately this type of occurrence will be all over these pages in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

This tragedy should be used on every TV station to start as a message to parent managing their children going off on motorcycles.

So sad. 

Everywhere in the world as soon as they are out of sight of their parents, they will do what kids will do. The parents have limited power.

Why does this happen on a daily basis in Thailand but a complete rarity in, say, the UK? Inferior parenting? I think not. In the UK you need to demonstrate a reasonable degree of skill before taking to the road. The Thai motorcycle test is a complete joke. 4 on a bike? Try riding through any town in the UK 4 up. You wouldn't get more than a few hundred yards before getting stopped, have the motorcycle impounded by the police and the book thrown at you, let alone being dragged home by the police and your parents getting a lecture.

So if you are looking for someone to blame, blame the authorities for not setting high enough standards but most of all blame the police for completely failing to enforce those standards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

So if you are looking for someone to blame

Fair call but disagree some Thailand doesn't think same as west, kids in west get kill in cars and bicycles as well.

Kids ride waves/scoots in our village and some parents discipline their children and teach them to ride some don't, the don't should be educated.

Agree Police here should do something about kids going to school 3 up and to enforce fines to be pay at a police station by the parents.

Problem seems to me when police get heavy, complaint flood into the Chief.

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

As usual, sadly, NO law enforcement, no training, "do as you want" attitude KILLS !

Whats it going to take before they do something about this terrible loss of life EVERY month.

Disgraceful attitude toward road safety in general, and the training and education and licensing in particular.

What is it going to take you ask, a policeman, a fine, confiscation of motorcycle, would be a good start.

• Like 2

Just now, Venom said:

I suspect four on the motorbike not wearing helmets when they lost control. RIP

Helmet efficacy is a moot point. Often worn not properly fastened ant the helmets that Thais wear are often sub standard and would not be legal in many Western countries. I have even seen construction hats worn as helmets and was told that they complied with helmet laws. The saddest/funniest case I saw was as parents with helmets and a young child riding between them. The parents thought it acceptable for the child to wear a woolen bobble hat in lieu of a helmet.

3 minutes ago, Almer said:

What is it going to take you ask, a policeman, a fine, confiscation of motorcycle, would be a good start.

Nah, right the start, proper training, proper proficiency test, then law enforcement with REAL consequences for not following the law, not petty lunch money fines when they can even be bothered !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Tragic, just tragic, young girls just coming into their prime robbed of life.

When are parents here going to teach their children how to behave on the roads?

Answer probably never, youngsters on bikes with no training, no road awareness, nothing.

R.I.P. young ones ,what a waste.

Agree, absolutely tragic.

The problem is the parents are often as bad as the kids. Weaving through traffic in smoke belching, modified pickup trucks, speeding, tailgating, no seatbelts, drunk etc. And there's little deterrent not to, because the police are too busy making money with their 'private ventures'.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, polpott said:

Helmet efficacy is a moot point. Often worn not properly fastened ant the helmets that Thais wear are often sub standard and would not be legal in many Western countries. I have even seen construction hats worn as helmets and was told that they complied with helmet laws. The saddest/funniest case I saw was as parents with helmets and a young child riding between them. The parents thought it acceptable for the child to wear a woolen bobble hat in lieu of a helmet.

Well at least the child was in between the parents and not mounted to the front where in case of accident she would be crushed by the weight of the adults. :((

6 hours ago, polpott said:

So if you are looking for someone to blame, blame the authorities for not setting high enough standards but most of all blame the police for completely failing to enforce those standards.

Rubbish. Enforcement of laws is a good idea, but coppers can't be everywhere. Personal responsibility is the key. It needs a culture change to get where everyone other than Thais want to be.

The kids are to blame. Parents may have drummed into them safety first for all we know. Kids will do kids do. I know, I was one once.

21 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Rubbish. Enforcement of laws is a good idea, but coppers can't be everywhere. Personal responsibility is the key. It needs a culture change to get where everyone other than Thais want to be.

I daily see police officers stood at he side of the road just watching infringements taking place. They do nothing.

No one is asking them to be everywhere, just do something when they are there.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 3:10 PM, webfact said:

Teenage monkey business came to a horrifying end in Phitsanulok province on Monday night when four schoolgirls lost control of their motorbike and fell off a bridge.

when four 'helmetless' schoolgirls lost control of the 'one' motorbike they were all riding on, and fell off a bridge.