Treadmill

Yellowtail

I need to get a treadmill that will allow me to walk and run at home as it has just gotten too treacherous outside.

I started looking online but was a little overwhelmed. I need a decent, robust machine, but know nothing about them and I am looking for recommendations on brands, models and suppliers.

I am in Bangkok.

Thanks! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Most members here don't like treadmills, so you'll have to ignore all their expert alternative recommendations.

See this thread for a recommendation:

I have a Marathon I bought from Supersports years ago that's held up really well and needed nothing other than the switch replaced, which I did myself. However, last time I looked they no longer sell Marathons, and the entire brand may no longer exist AFAIK. If it ever needs major work I'll have to look for a shop that might be able to do it.

So, other things being equal, look for a reliable brand and a reputable vendor from whom you can expect service in the future, like years from now. A smaller, long-established shop essential to the survival of a family would appeal to me if I found one.

Google shows a number of shops in BKK:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAX9Br1_BdsY79vl0l2ZrcuEdMWrd1IB1G&q=buy+treadmill+bangkok

Good treadmills don't come cheap. Off the top o' me head, I'd say you're looking at B25,000 and up--what I paid. But quality's worth it for the long haul. Nothing more annoying when you're psyched up to hit a piece of equipment than to find it--for no reason at all--kaput and requiring time & bother to get it fixed. 

Suggest you do intervals on your treadmill to reduce the amount of time you need to spend on it for the same cardio benefit. Cheap flimsy treadmills don't take kindly to interval training.