Special Tourist Visa: Thailand opens to the world - But will the tourists really come?

webfact

19 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

So there you are ---you have just printed another 100 Billion Baht, Could you walk me through the process of how you then put this money out there so it all devalues by 25%. It must of course go into something that has absolutely no value to help debase the Baht, because the government is in the process of spending Billions of Baht on different projects & even having to lend money (Chinese etc) to complete them. The Baht is not going down one iota because of that.

I don't know ----it all seemed to make a lot of sense when they explained it to me in the bar yesterday....:w00t: 

do your own research - you might learn something all by yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These people are delusional. If they think for a second anyone will go on vacation and spend 14 days in quarantine they are out of their gords. Total wishful thinking.

It never ceases to amaze me how they make plan after plan that never makes any sense.

Admit it. The county is screwed until the pandemic ends. End of story. Let people in without quarantine and covid will spread like wildfire again. And I know they're not that stupid. Or at least I hope they aren't.

• Like 1

Which one is STV again? So many variations on a theme

Anyway, while Thailand is leaking Covid cases at its borders, it might as well let in lots of farangs from covid infested islands so the media and DP Anutin will have someone to blame when another lockdown happens

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sungod said:

If I was stuck in the UK with the prospect of a long boring Covid winter, I'd jump at the chance to see the winter out here.

People "stuck" in the UK are jumping on planes to the Caribbean, to the Canary Islands, to Greece and to loads of hot sunny places where there is NO QUARANTINE.

Edited by RR2020
  • Like 1

Amazing that "blind" people think the whole world is locked down...................ITS NOT.

Loads of places are open now, no quarantine.  

Asia might be cowering in the corner all locked down but the rest of the world is not.

Maldives has  got the Russian sun seekers now..............visa requirements relaxed, direct flights and now the Russian sun seekers who would have been in Thailand are now in the Maldives...........

Thailand will lose more and more long term the longer it remains "quarantined".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I think we can all put that answer down to........ "I really don't have a clue---but it sounded good after a few Chang's"......????

By printing money they devalue the currency in three ways:

Firstly, printing money tends to be inflationary. Higher inflation makes a country less competitive leading to relatively lower demand for their exports and hence currency.

Secondly, increasing the money supply enables the Central Bank to buy more foreign currency, which drives down the value of the domestic currency.

Thirdly, statement of intent. By promising to print money and keep currency low, it discourages speculators from buying that currency as it is less likely to be a good bet.

first result google.

Edited by GeorgeCross