Special Tourist Visa: Thailand opens to the world - But will the tourists really come?

webfact

By my calculation the cost of flight, Covid Test, Covid Insurance and ASQ could be anywhere from $3000 to $5000 USD.  This is just he starting amount.  I really can’t Tourists spending this amount just enter the country.  It might be worth it if one has a long term visa.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tagged said:

I know a few people who is dying to come for long holiday, and willing to pay what it costs, but the problem is the paperwork on top of it. If they can do the paperwork much easier, it will ease the decision to come to Thailand. 

You are correct.I  would without the quarantine and  all the hoops,PLUS all the hoops for leaving my country [Australia]. Of course if you're connected it easy [Tony Abbott got to London ok ,and Pedo Pell's back with his mates in the Vatican] but for the average punter forget it.PLUS lack of flights  etc.etc. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well, if the baht drops 25% I’ll buy another house and maybe throw in a condo just for fun. But then, that is about as likely as me being on the next moon shot. The current government, or sort of government, is a soup sandwich and that’s being kind.

7 hours ago, FarangPumpui said:

I have wife, house in Thailand , money and time to go Thailand for long time but I dont even concider it because of 14 days guarantine and because Thai people can go unchecked to airplane with me.

are you familiar with the moral of "cutting off your nose to spite your face" 

stay away ,  your choice 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I agree--much to high.........:coffee1:

7 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

If the quarantine was more reasonably priced then others may come but being fleeced and a 14 day hotel arrest isnt gonna work

Compared to where exactly? State quarantine in Australia starts at 3000 AUD and you get zero choice of your allocation. There are ASQ hotels for much cheaper than that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good luck, I hope it works and that all these 7 million visitors said to be expected elsewhere in this edition do not bring more COVID with them.

More effective, do away with the ridiculous insurance requirement as it currently stands.  And, do away with the very expensive insurance needed for those who arrived originally on a Non Immigrant O-A visa for retirement and even though the requirements can be met for a change, cannot change it at this time.  Accept insurance from various overseas providers.  Many USA military retirees are here and most if not all have very, very good Tricare Overseas or TC Select coverage for their medical expenses.  Easily verifiable!  Improve the USD-THB (and other countries) exchange rates by at least 20%.  Todays drop to 29.90 just gives potential tourists a higher bill for quarantine and far less money to spend than in recent years.  Let it be known that all potential visitors if still working, do not have many weeks per year of vacation time.  Two, three and sometimes four weeks would be the norm.  Only those who are retired can stay on a seemingly endless holiday.  Thailand is a beautiful country with many wonderful people who are often very kind and helpful to visitors.  The restrictions imposed over the last few months may have been done with good intentions but now they are roadblocks to tourists arriving here in masses.  Some people need to get over the mindset that all foreigners are rich.  We are not!  And, many are tired of being fleeced with new found and unusual ways for us to be separated from what money we do have.  We live here, we love it here and we continue to support our local communities.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

Just by leaning back, most of the time the opposite happens of what I suggest, so the tourists stay away. Mission accomplished.

They need to take a leaf out of Dubai’s book folk can go back there no problem ????

6 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

Im in the same catagory here cant get back to see wife and its been 11 months now, our relationship is fine. The annoying factor is i work and work offshore so my limited time to go and see wife would involve going back to my home country as no where else will process the paperwork so what chance do i have when i only get 3 weeks vacation. There is no way the paperwork could be processed so i guess im resigned to staying out unitl Quarantine and stupid visa'a that for me are unobtainable due to time are stopped.

Plenty of offshore workers in the same boat mate but how many places in the world can you or would you want to travel to without the 2 weeks quarantine? We are still mid pandemic I believe. I know offshore works from Tassie and kiwi that were facing their whole leave doing 4 weeks of quarantine. It's 2 everywhere you go ain't changing in a hurry.

• Confused 1

In norway people have to go in 10 days qurantene..pay about 500 pound.Today 1 oclock they will change the rules means people can take the time in a privat home after arrive here.Thats good news for people coming to visit their gf/bf.

Edited by stigar
wrong spelling
  • Like 2

An easy way to attract tourist and deal with the quarantine is to separate the arriving passengers from the “Have Covid” to the “Have Not COVID-19”. 

Put the “Have” group into the hospital at their own expense (or send them back when they came from immediately) and the “Have Not Yet” Covid on a Blimp (Zepplin) for 2 weeks on a tour over Thailand. Anyone that gets Covid during the 2 week ride, throw them overboard into the sea And those who don’t are welcome to stay!  What a wonderful way to spend 2 weeks in quarantine seeing all the tourist sites.  Problem solved!