Video: "Farang's" motorcycle accident and rant causes much comment online

webfact

44 minutes ago, scammed said:

he had the right of way, he had no reason to slow down

One can end up dead right insisting on right of way here.

Not a single accident in ten years driving here, but then I was educated in defensive driving in Australia. One didn't get a company car until they had passed the course. Good training for Thailand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I suspect part of the unwise angry reaction was just projecting his own frustration with himself.

"Thai face" is legendary but I've met many farangs, both here and at home displaying the same traits.

The farang probably kicked off because he was embarrassed by his own inept riding.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Exactly. Poor driving skills for Thailand. Was approaching the intersection, another bike pulling out on the right, time to slow down a bit and exercise some caution. If you know the environment, you know a Thai might pull out unexpectedly and even on the wrong side--though that bike might have been trying to cross as well.

That's just the reality, like it or not, proper and legal or not. Deal with it and you stay upright.

So then expecting the unexpected he should have been ready and simply dodged to the right. It seemed almost perverse and really inattentive that this farang just kept going straight then slammed on the front brake and ended up on the ground. I suspect part of the unwise angry reaction was just projecting his own frustration with himself.

Can't imagine. It's just par for the course. Like many other experienced riders, I would've easily dodged without even thinking about it and 100 meters later it'd be completely forgotten.

It was his fisheye lens 55555

I once drove on my motorbike after a van on the highway in Hua Hin. Luckily I kept distance, because suddenly the van without reason hit the breaks. I managed to stop 1/2 meter before hitting him. (Seems he missed a turn)

After hitting the breaks and at full stop, with me behind him, the van driver changed to reverse and drove over my bike. Luckily I had managed to jump of the bike, when I saw him changing to reverse.

After getting my bike lose, he said sorry, jumped back in the van and drove off...

Welcome to driving in Thailand ????

6 hours ago, vogie said:

I was more impressed with the foreigners skill at speaking thai, however there was a couple words that I missed, what does 'kin ah sole man' mean?

I speak thai wery well..his skills was 50%...i think he make problems for himself..many things he said was just silly

and just words that nowone understand

That Thai biker will never be wron, not in the eyes of the local police. The cops will come, if ever, and say "You farang. You wrong. You give money money". Even while many netizens will be "on the right side" of the law, this is how things work in this country. Amazing, isn't it?

• Sad 1

I don't understand. Is this a story of the accident or just a story about an article and readers' comments in a newpaper?

Anyway, I couldn't see any reason for the foreign rider to fall off his bike. It seems to have happened at low speed and although the Thai rider was in the wrong, the other rider had enough time and distance to stop safely or maneuver around him. There was no contact between the bikes. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, robertyongym said:

That Thai biker will never be wron, not in the eyes of the local police. The cops will come, if ever, and say "You farang. You wrong. You give money money". Even while many netizens will be "on the right side" of the law, this is how things work in this country. Amazing, isn't it?

That's total boolsheet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

he had the right of way, he had no reason to slow down

Feel free to exersize your right any time in Thailand, and we will see how long you last if you driving a motorbike. But I suspect you are one of those in a F.... Fortuner and do not care at all, 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, johninbkk71 said:

If the foreigner knew how to ride a bike he would not have come off. And the bike what was that?

An electric motorcycle. A prototype.

Speed and brakes still need to be adjusted.

It will be sold large scale under the commercial slogan:

”Why do you need a tiger in the engine if the donkey is at the steering wheel.”

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Feel free to exersize your right any time in Thailand, and we will see how long you last if you driving a motorbike. But I suspect you are one of those in a F.... Fortuner and do not care at all, 

You ride a bike anywhere in the world you pay attention. How this idiot fell off shows a lack of experience 

• Like 2

As usual here, farangs blame the farang.

Reminds me of a thread where a Thai bloke was riding at speed on the wrong side of a dual carriage way in the fast lane, he killed himself ploughing into the front of a farang car. What happened on here...?

Yep, the farang got the blame........????.......????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A Thai turning right and driving up the wrong side of the road? They all do it, I do it.

The falang's ability to ride a motorcycle is pathetic, a classic example of target fixation,  you don't stare at where the accident is going to happen, you look at where to go to avoid it, and he had plenty of road to use. He also needs to learn motorcycles do not steer with the front brake applied.

Er indoors has better riding skills 555

• Like 1