Beard

pazza

Hi, I am trying to grow a beard (after many years without) I will need to get it shaped etc (soon) anyone know a barber in Udon Thani (near central Plaza if possible ( or gps coordinates if you have them).

Any help appreciated

Steve

• Sad 1

Buy an electric clipper online, use a mirror, and shape it yourself. Nautical style works for me.

The main advantage of that style is it's neat, and one only has to shave the non-bearded areas every 2-3 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Buy an electric clipper online, use a mirror, and shape it yourself. Nautical style works for me.

The main advantage of that style is it's neat, and one only has to shave the non-bearded areas every 2-3 days.

I have the clippers I just want someone to start me off then I can keep up the maintenance ( I like the 2-3 day schedule)

17 hours ago, faraday said:

London Barber on Posri Road.

Hi faraday,  do you know London Barber 1 (I think its near Nutty Park)......., is it 1) open  2) is it any good (as good as London Barber Posi road , in your opinion ?)  I will be staying at the UD residence soon (over the road from L/B).  Thanks for any help ????

1 hour ago, pazza said:

Hi faraday,  do you know London Barber 1 (I think its near Nutty Park)......., is it 1) open  2) is it any good (as good as London Barber Posi road , in your opinion ?)  I will be staying at the UD residence soon (over the road from L/B).  Thanks for any help ????

Yes, both of them are ok.

• Thanks 1

It's going to be harder to get dates with a beard. Unless perhaps you date men.

A lot of Asians perceive a beard as dirty. I think it comes partly from not seeing many bearded faces.

Korea's a bit far I know, but some of the comments in this article are similar to what I've heard from other Asians when on the subject of facial hair.

Which is interesting being in Seoul. Here, men seem to be allergic to any semblance of body hair. One walk around the streets of Seoul will prove just how clean shaven, smooth, and youthful-looking Seoulites are. The standard of beauty for Korean men is a clean complexion, moisturized skin, and free of wrinkles. Body and facial hair, therefore, are something almost grotesque; features that make a man barbaric. It reminds me of an interview from 2011 with the Kpop star G.O., the leader of the now disbanded MBLAQ. In an interview, he revealed just how insecure he was with his facial hair — so much so, he debated getting laser surgery to remove it completely.

The adverse feelings towards facial and body hair are only buttressed by the messaging found throughout men’s grooming sections in retailers. When I visited one called Olive Young, I was intrigued by the amount of products designed to get rid of hair. There was an entire top shelf full of leg trimmers, for instance, each of them marketed with cartoons depicting women reacting to men with leg hair. On one, the ‘before’ illustration had a red-headed woman scrutinizing a man’s hairy legs and screaming “NOOOOOOOOOH!!!!” The ‘after’ was of a man with hairless, smooth legs with the same red-headed woman fawning over him. “It’s Cool!!!!” she cooed. Another product next to it had a similar illustration. A blonde woman said “no thanks” to a hairy man but accepted the smooth guy, saying “I love it!”

https://nextshark.com/body-facial-hair-undesirable-traits-south-korea/

On 12/22/2020 at 5:31 AM, techietraveller84 said:

A lot of Asians perceive a beard as dirty. I think it comes partly from not seeing many bearded faces.

That's a new one on me that Asians perceive beards as dirty. The real fact is that Asians (Thai's) can't grow a proper one, or moustache. It's not within their genetic make up. Also being as they don't have much testosterone I'd imagine that's why there are more lady boys here than in the west.

The main reason why most Asian men don't grow a beard lies in the androgen receptors which are tied to their genetic makeup. When androgen receptors are low, very little testosterone reaches the hair follicles to stimulate growth.

https://beardoholic.com/asian-beard/

Bearded Thai Man High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Edited by IvorBiggun2