Residence Certificate from Muang Thong Thani?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Muang Thong Thani is where you will do the application.

Are you doing 90 day reports to immigration? If not you will not be able to get one.

Thanks ubonjoe and ThailandRyan. I am up to date on 90 day reports. Pity about the 2 week wait as I plan to rent a scooter in Koh Lantra over Xmas.

Can anyone give me the EXACT GPS co-ordinates for the Immigration Building in MTT to get a Residence certificate, please?

Also, is this the same building you can do a 90 day report in person?

Many thanks.

JD

6 hours ago, OzMan said:

400 baht for residence certificate, pics not needed. Said it would take 3 weeks to arrive. Same lineup for 90-day reporting.

Did you order 2 copies?

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Three months ago I paid 600 baht for 3 certificates.  200 baht each and that was here at MTT.

Yeah, it used to be 200 each at MTT.  Perhaps the price went up?

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Three months ago I paid 600 baht for 3 certificates.  200 baht each and that was here at MTT.

Is the COR issued in the same building (Counter A/B) that do the 90 day reports and TM30 or is it Counter K that do all the rest.  Looks like they are not too far apart, just trying to reduce the time I spend needlessly wandering round the wasteland that is MTT when I go next week.

7 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Is the COR issued in the same building (Counter A/B) that do the 90 day reports and TM30 or is it Counter K that do all the rest.  Looks like they are not too far apart, just trying to reduce the time I spend needlessly wandering round the wasteland that is MTT when I go next week.

Same office on the 2nd floor that does the 90 days and TM30 reports.  You can try and get an on-line appointment using the on-line appointment system.  Just checked and a COR is not listed under the drop down menu on page 2 of the appointment screen.  But you can do an appointment for other things as well.

สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Same office on the 2nd floor that does the 90 days and TM30 reports.  You can try and get an on-line appointment using the on-line appointment system.

สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

Great thanks.  I thought the appointments were only for the 90 day.  Might just risk it without as I can't guarantee the travel time being the first (and I hope the last) trek out there.  Either that or wait and hope it moves back to CW.  Trouble is, DLT now not requiring you to take tests or sit through videos to renew a 5 year DL is too big of a carrot to turn down LOL.

2 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Great thanks.  I thought the appointments were only for the 90 day.  Might just risk it without as I can't guarantee the travel time being the first (and I hope the last) trek out there.  Either that or wait and hope it moves back to CW.  Trouble is, DLT now not requiring you to take tests or sit through videos to renew a 5 year DL is too big of a carrot to turn down LOL.

Yes it is a <deleted> shoot.  When I went and did my COR requests it took almost 2 weeks to have them mailed to me here in Bangkok.  As far as DLT, I just showed up early and got into the que outside under the tent at Chatuchak DLT, even though my appointment was for 3 months after the date I showed up.  my COR's would not have been valid nor my Physical.  Managed to get in first thing and go through it all before noon and picked up both my MC and Private car licenses back in September.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes it is a <deleted> shoot.  When I went and did my COR requests it took almost 2 weeks to have them mailed to me here in Bangkok.  As far as DLT, I just showed up early and got into the que outside under the tent at Chatuchak DLT, even though my appointment was for 3 months after the date I showed up.  my COR's would not have been valid nor my Physical.  Managed to get in first thing and go through it all before noon and picked up both my MC and Private car licenses back in September.

To be honest, the only reason I'm going now is DLT dropping the videos / tests temporarily.  Both licences still have nearly 3 months validity and of course your'e OK to renew up to 1 year after expiry without re-tests.  Plan to just get the one COR this time and copy it to use for both licences, rather than paying for 2.  DLT confirmed a copy is fine for the second licence.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you guys get the receipt for the money paid for COR?

I did it last week at Muang thong thani (same place as 90 day reporting)and I did not receive any receipt of the money paid. Officer asked if I need certificate for both Motorbike and car and for both I required to pay thb200×2= 400 total. I didn't know, if I can apply using one certificate for both motorbike and car DLT. So requested certificates for both. Asked me if need courier or self pick up and if courier then 2 weeks and for self pick up 3 weeks to receive it.

Documents list is same and attached here.

20210315_110032.jpg

33 minutes ago, Neps said:

Asked me if need courier or self pick up and if courier then 2 weeks and for self pick up 3 weeks to receive it.

Never ever heard of that at MTT. My most recent was Jan 27.  Postal service provided with tracking. They always say 2 weeks. I received the RC  in the mail 3 days after the application. BTW you can get away with one RC for both car and bike done at same time was my experience.

Edited by DrJack54

I needed 3 COR's when I did it, one to buy my MC, and two for both DL's. As DrJack says one will do for both licenses (has for many folks), however since I had two with me the lady took them both and attached them to both DL Applications I had done instead of making a copy, and yes it took just shy of 2 weeks for it to arrive by Thai Post EMS back in August.  As I said, yes I was given a receipt.

Are you concerned you were cheated or something?

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I needed 3 COR's when I did it, one to buy my MC, and two for both DL's. As DrJack says one will do for both licenses (has for many folks), however since I had two with me the lady took them both and attached them to both DL Applications I had done instead of making a copy, and yes it took just shy of 2 weeks for it to arrive by Thai Post EMS back in August.  As I said, yes I was given a receipt.

Are you concerned you were cheated or something?

Yes..I thought that because they didn't provide it and I forgot to ask for it. Well, I will ask for it when I will go to collect it at MTT. Thanks for information.

• 3 months later...

I know there are posts about folks getting these back within 3-4 days but I'd still bank on 2 weeks plus.  I paid 200 for one CoR and they are now giving out small tickets as receipts with the EMS tracking number on.  Applied on 29 June and still waiting.  Just hope they don't lock down the DLTs again before it arrives!!

I'd also seen a few references to all that was needed to apply was the form and your passport.  As always, get told a completely different story at MTT.  Receptionist wanted copies of:

Passport Details Page
Stamps transfer page (it was a new passport)
90 Day report copy
TM30 (updated since last entry into Thailand)
TM 6

I've been using the TM30 phone app so just got the staff in the copy shop to take a copy of my phone screen showing the latest entry.

I'm not sure whether these are actual requirements or not, sometimes I do get the feeling that some staff just tell you to copy every bloody document that could possibly have a bearing.

Edited by SooKee

Couldn't edit the above in time.  

So it does look like they still want all the copies of documents that were posted by Neps as being required in the image above.  

I arrived at MTT about 8:00am, there were about 50 people there already but only two people in total waiting for the CoR desk by the time they opened for service at 08:30.  Was done and out by 08:45.

Edited by SooKee

Quick update for anyone wondering how long this takes from MTT.  I went on 29 June.  Staff gave me a small ticket receipt that had the document processing number and the EMS number on it.  Checked the Thai Post tracking system every day after about 4-5 days but the ticket was showing no trace.  Checked today (10 July) and it showed up as having been posted 9 July. So 10 day turn around approximately.  

Will be just my luck if the bloody DLT suspends service by the time I can get there.  If they do, what I am hoping is that they will see the date on the documents and allow me to use them when they open again.  I've seen a couple of reports of that happening during the last service suspension.  Will be just my luck if they say I need to go and do the Cert of Residence and the medical again!!

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 11:57 AM, ubonjoe said:

Muang Thong Thani is where you will do the application.

Are you doing 90 day reports to immigration? If not you will not be able to get one.

Hi Joe,

And you say this because you live in Nonthaburi?  Do residents of Bangkok apply for a residence certificate in Nonthaburi as well?

Thanks!

Mike

30 minutes ago, mikerwriter said:

And you say this because you live in Nonthaburi?  Do residents of Bangkok apply for a residence certificate in Nonthaburi as well?

There is a immigration office in Nonthaburi for those that live in that province.

Muang Thong Thani is only for those that live in Bangkok.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping an older topic but I did not want to create even more threads (I have searched first).

Can someone confirm then that I do not require any kind of lease agreements or copies of house book from the house owner?

I've seen lots of guides online saying you do, but that does not appear to be the case based on the image posted above (Thank you for that, Neps). 

8 minutes ago, kishnanakishna said:

Can someone confirm then that I do not require any kind of lease agreements or copies of house book from the house owner?

At MTT they will want to see your most recent 90 day report.

Having a TM30 never hurts however that would be something the folk handing out queue number would check.

Personally I did not provide a TM30 or lease. I was required to provide 90 REPORT receipt.