HomeBirth - How to register the baby afterwards?

HomeBirth

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need to contact the doctor assigned to your subdistrict the can certify your child's birth to get the birth certificate at the Amphoe.

In rural areas there are many births that occur before the mother can get to a hospital.

I think think you are mistaken about midwives not being allowed.

You could go to the hospital for a checkup and they can give you some paper work which you take to your local Ampore as mentioned by UbonJoe.

Personally I would not do the home birth. The hospital is cheap. My daughters birth was less than 15000 THB. The local hospital was great we had a hotel like private room. You need to also register for Immunisation and have the child registered in the housebook.

Where are you Located?

Edited by OffshoreMig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2020 at 3:33 PM, HomeBirth said:

As midwifes are not allowed in Thailand (totalitarian countries wanna have total control over their citizens), our plan is to try a homebirth by ourselves and if we run into any issues we are close to the hospital.

My favourite part is "our plan is to try home birth by ourselves".

Have a read up re fetal distress just for starters.

Reckless.

• Haha 1

OP.... What are you thinking ?!

I take it you have never had another woman give birth to you child. 

Hope you enjoy the experience at home....get the mop out for all the blood and bodily fluids that will cover the floor. And I am sure it must be better to have zero medical trained experienced people to help you at such a stressful and potentially dangerous time for mother and child. You wi en ranking god for saving that profit driven 1500 baht....most be nearly one free meal out for you both. 

14 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Was there any pre-birth check up at hospitals before birth?

There must be a way for the government to know that the baby is legally born in Thailand for citizenship purpose. So there must be proof.

Yes, there must be paperwork somewhere! Did I mention paperwork?

My elder was born in a cottage hospital & we delivered the younger at home. We had two friends who were docs in attendance & lots of emergency equipment but none was needed. And my wife ate the placenta! Goes well with champagne.

I do suggest you get a local doc to join you at home. Failing that, choose an ob/gyn nurse or even a granny midwife.

This is all just for peace of mind. Every other animal births in the fields and goes on about heir business.

Good on you. My very best wishes...

On 12/14/2020 at 7:01 AM, OffshoreMig said:

You could go to the hospital for a checkup and they can give you some paper work which you take to your local Ampore as mentioned by UbonJoe.

Personally I would not do the home birth. The hospital is cheap. My daughters birth was less than 15000 THB. The local hospital was great we had a hotel like private room. You need to also register for Immunisation and have the child registered in the housebook.

Where are you Located?

I agree. also if, god forbid, there are any complications you would be at the best place to face them. 

A birth in Thailand is legally recognised under Thai Law only if it has been registered at the District Office. Birth registration must take place within 30 days of the birth. In Bangkok the name for the District Office is "Khet", but in the rest of Thailand it is known as "Amphur", sometimes spelt "Amphoe".

Birth registration can be completed at any District Office nationwide. The telephone numbers for all the district offices in Thailand can be found in the English version of the Yellow Pages.

At the local District Office the birth certificate is issued after the paperwork is completed. The paperwork and birth certificate are in Thai and it's unlikely that anyone will speak English but a translator is allowed to help. It is not possible to book an appointment to complete the procedure and there can be a queue. The birth can be registered by the mother and father or by the mother alone.

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/thailand/healthcare/pregnancy-birth/registration-of-birth