ATM to get some cash at Suvarnabhumi ?

The days of my ASQ are coming, and I suppose I will need to have with me some cash for small additinal services that I may need during the quarantine (small shopping at 7eleven, additional sockets, etc.)

I do not know if before immigration or baggage claim is it possible to find an ATM. Did somebody notice any ATM before being "imprisoned" by the hotel staff ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived in Thailand yesterday. You will have no opportunity to use an atm on arrival. 

I highly doubt you have any chance of using an ATM  at the airport. Every report I've read, you are basically herded from the moment you step off the plane until you get into your room. Take Baht with

I dont think they will be allowing you to pop down to 7/11. I imagine you wont have any chance to be spending any cash as it would need to be sterilized etc after you touched it, If its even

Posted Images

There used to be exchange shops before immigration. Remember seeing them ( pre covid). ATM's were located right after customs gate.

I have no idea at what stage they accompany you but I believe the passengers obviously need to come out of the airport to sit in the designated taxis to the ASQ. This means you will see loads of ATM's.

What country are you from? Is it possible for you to bring some major currency like USD, AUD, EUR, GBP, YEN, CAD etc. Change them at the first available opportunity.  But again if they have closed the currency exchange shops before immigration desk then that would be a trouble. 

May I suggest you to send an email to major banks like SCB, Kasikorn, etc and ask if their currency exchange shops (prior to immigration desk) at Suvarnabhumi are working or not?

On 12/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, federicoP said:

The days of my ASQ are coming, and I suppose I will need to have with me some cash for small additinal services that I may need during the quarantine (small shopping at 7eleven, additional sockets, etc.)

I do not know if before immigration or baggage claim is it possible to find an ATM. Did somebody notice any ATM before being "imprisoned" by the hotel staff ?

You will probably be asked to pow down like 3000 deposit in case you order room service. You can also order stuff online from Tops Supermarket. Don't need cash

• Like 2
On 12/13/2020 at 9:35 PM, Peterw42 said:

I dont think they will be allowing you to pop down to 7/11.

I imagine you wont have any chance to be spending any cash as it would need to be sterilized etc after you touched it,

If its even possible, things like 7/11 purchases would be done by the hotel and added to your bill, 

The staff at the ASQ Hotel (TwoThree) I stayed at would go to the 7-11 for me.

I’d send them a Line message asking for an item (Fresh Milk for my Coffee, Batteries etc), I’d leave money outside my door. The money would be picked up from outside my door, the items would be returned a short while later. 

That said: There have been some reports that some hotels will not do a 7-11 run for you, so its good to know which hotels are more accommodating. 

Having cash at hand is going to be very handy. 

Upon arrival its a very ‘efficient’ process, once cleared through to baggage and baggage has been collected people are wisked away straight into the transport (Van). 

The key question is therefore: Are there any ATM’s in the Baggage Hall at Suvarnabumi Airport? (I can’t remember if there are) Edit: The Poster above has written that he used the ATM in the baggage hall (he is also accurate that at this stage no one is being herded or corralled).

I’m not sure anyone would be permitted to use the ATM’s in the main lobby of the airport (i.e. once exciting the baggage hall). 

It would also be good to have a Plan B: Someone who can drop over some cash to your Airport hotel. 

Another Plan B option: Ask the hotel staff if they can get money for you. i.e. Transfer money to their account online from your Thai account and they give you the cash. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

Zero "herding" i picked my bags up from the carousel then wandered down to gate 9 in the arrivals hall to meet my driver. Passed multiple atms. But surely you can wait till you get out of quarantine to use an atm right? 

Edited by starky
  • Thanks 1