Water delivery in Ubon Ratchathani

MrDetUdom

Hi guys.

I have a big problem. PWA has screwed up our water supply, and we have absolutely no water. We can buy bottled water for drinking, but that won't help with showers/flushing the toilet/washing clothes. We have a big water tank. Are there any services that will drive a big tanker of water to our house and fill up our water tank?

Actually, we have 2 water tanks, but one of them is blocked up. I guess it needs cleaning. Anyone know anyone I can pay to come and clean the tank so that we have 2 usable tanks?

As for the PWA, I got them out to look at the water. Turns out the water is coming to our house, but not enough pressure to get to even our lowest tap. While there, the neighbors came out and commented that there have been water pressure issues for weeks now, and PWA seems to have no idea how to fix it, so I guess this will probably drag on for another few weeks until they fix it.

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

Don't you have a pump ?

Yes, but the pump inlet is connected to the outlet from the water tanks. We need the water to get into the tanks first.

When they came and looked, they pulled apart the meter and water comes out from there. But if you lift the hose from the meter outlet just another 10 cm, there is not enough pressure for water to come out. And the meter is lower than our entire property.

• Like 1

I suppose I could buy another water pump and connect it directly to the water meter and have the water pumped up onto our property from there. It seems like a big expense/a lot of work for something that will hopefully be fixed in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrDetUdom said:

Yes, but the pump inlet is connected to the outlet from the water tanks. We need the water to get into the tanks first.

When they came and looked, they pulled apart the meter and water comes out from there. But if you lift the hose from the meter outlet just another 10 cm, there is not enough pressure for water to come out. And the meter is lower than our entire property.

Oh..I thought your tanks were filling but a very slow rate

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Oh..I thought your tanks were filling but a very slow rate

No. Our neighbors (land is lower than ours) have this. But we get nothing at all. The pressure is just that little bit too low.

But thinking about it now, maybe buying another pump will be the cheapest/easier route, as otherwise we are just totally screwed. I already smell like <deleted> after a day without showering. (I used a couple of those big 20L drinking water bottles to wash the kids, but not enough left to wash myself).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrDetUdom said:

No. Our neighbors (land is lower than ours) have this. But we get nothing at all. The pressure is just that little bit too low.

But thinking about it now, maybe buying another pump will be the cheapest/easier route, as otherwise we are just totally screwed. I already smell like <deleted> after a day without showering. (I used a couple of those big 20L drinking water bottles to wash the kids, but not enough left to wash myself).

yeah...better do it before hot season...or the local AQI meters will be off the scale....

I had the same problem in Ubon city when I first came here in 1994. I purchased a pump to pump the water from street into our house. I found out later that this was illegal to pump in from the street. Another problem was that pumping in directly, the water quality was very poor. Sometimes brown, dirty water. Best to pump in through a large filter into your tanks and then use another pump to pump from the tanks into your house. That is what I do now in my new house. 

Thanks Michael for the info about pumping in from the street. As it turns out, they came and dug up the street today and fixed it all up. It seems like some debris got stuck in the mains pipe and they had to clear that out. So now we have water again. That was a lot quicker than I was expecting.

• Like 1

Just a thought on putting a pump at the meter. If your water pressure is that low there may not be enough for the pump to pump. The pump may well cavitate with the lack of water and destroy itself.  My experience is that pumps need head pressure to pump and only stop when the lines are full, open a tap, pressure is released and they start again until you close the tap and the pressure is again built up or they keep going if they run out of water to pump.

Unfortunately I think your best option is to have the tanks cleaned out and filled with water and I cannot help you with either.

The base of my tanks are 2 metres directly above the pump but I have good pressure, until mid April when we all run short of water for a week or so, to fill them.