New Year travel poll: 92% of Thais most worried about Covid - fear the virus more than traffic accidents

webfact

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That says a great deal about their intelligence then. 60 dead in total from Covid all year, with about that every day on the roads. I know what I am more concerned about.

True, you can at least help protect yourself from covid infection, but you at the whim of the Gods travelling on the roads.

141220_183353.jpg

• Like 1

This can be explained....by accepting road accidents caused by poor driving behavior, thais would be criticizing themselves...there is very little self critiquing in this culture and less self accountability...

on the other hand, the virus is foreign and easy to blame an outside force which they don’t understand...they wouldn’t be blaming themselves for the virus but a mysterious force that permeates from beyond their borders...

when you cause something bad to happen, easy not to accept responsibility...ever wonder why all accidents are caused by alcohol, rain, wet roads, brake failure, micro sleeping etc?

thais don’t want to admit their own behavior is the cause of road accidents...that’s why they don’t fear it b/c they don’t acknowledge it...easy to blame an external source like a mysterious virus which they believe they have no control of.... 

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That says a great deal about their intelligence then. 60 dead in total from Covid all year, with about that every day on the roads. I know what I am more concerned about.

Amen. What am I missing, about 24,000 dead on the roads and 60 from Covid and those more than likely were either aged or had pre-existing conditions. Irrational fear.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Asked about their yearly travel spend 26% said it was between 10,000 and 20,000 baht. 23% said 5-10K, 18% 20 -30K, 7% more than 30 K and 14% less than 5,000 baht. 

Asked about their yearly travel spend

But, but but, according to TAT they spend tens of thousands every weekend

• Like 1

This is no surprise, accidents dying on the roads are just a normal way of life. Thais are so condition and desensitized to the way they drive they don't recognized the problem. Then add  being brainwashed ( in general ) their government is doing everything possible when all they have done is lock down and blow smoke everyday for last few months how they have done such a great job.  There is nothing in place when they open up regardless of the vaccine working.