Students escape tragedy by the skin of their teeth after driver falls asleep

webfact

Students escape tragedy by the skin of their teeth after driver falls asleep

By The Nation

800_df47bba7b84d79e.jpg?v=1607929225

A group of students from the Chiang Mai Rajabhat University were nearly killed in a road accident on Monday morning after the driver of their van fell asleep and crashed into a roadside tree at 6am.

Police and rescue staff arrived to help the 10 students, two of whom were severely injured and transferred to hospital.

Initial investigation showed they were returning from a camp in Nakhon Ratchasima province, and their driver fell asleep as they were passing through Lampang province.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399572

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-14

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

When I am getting drowsy when driving and feel I might fall asleep I stop and sleep. Only need 15 mins and I am fine to go. Too hard for a Thai driver obviously judging by the way they keep crashing.

Maybe it's time for passengers of any vehicle to adopt a 'watch the driver' system, whereby passengers take it in turns to make sure the driver stays awake. The watcher must remain awake of course. Now that's the problem. Thais can sleep on a clothes line and when boarding any vehicle immediately enter the land of nod.????

• Like 1