10 habits I blame for sabotage weight loss

snoop1130

10 habits I blame for sabotage weight loss

by Saree Jitta

weight-management-1170x781.jpg

1. Skip breakfast

Most people skip their breakfast because they don’t have time to prepare their meals. They might even say I’m “fasting” just another excuse of I don’t have time to eat in the morning so I start eating my first meal at lunch which might lead to sluggish metabolism over time. I don’t have anything against fasting, I used to do fasting. But most people only have 2 meals a day (not having enough nutrients) and call it fasting.

We’re all busy I get it but if your goal is weight loss and fat loss then you better start having breakfast! What’s more, eating one piece of fruit or processed fare like packaged muffins won’t keep you full until lunch, which has a ripple effect on how well you function. “When my clients eat a more satisfying breakfast, they’re more energetic, less irritable and more productive.” Aim for 20-30 grams of protein by including options like cottage cheese or hard boiled eggs.

2. Lacking magnesium

Weight loss isn’t just about diet and exercise, and you’ve likely heard about how sleep is essential for a healthy weight. Skimping on sleep increases your hunger hormones, and you may find you reach for a sugary snack as a pick-me-up more often. 

Of course stopping the pre-bed social media scroll is important, but you probably also haven’t considered how your magnesium levels play a role in shut eye. “Most people do not consume an adequate amount of the mineral, and this can interfere with proper sleep,” Try adding almonds, tofu and leafy greens to your diet. Or you might consider taking magnesium supplements. When I was training hard and I found myself having trouble sleeping I took Magnesium Glycinate it helped me fall asleep better.

3. Having a “bad food” mentality

What if I told you there’s no “good” or “bad” food? Food gives you energy, different food gives you different nutrients therefore you should get a variety of food. Having a piece of Oreo cookie dipped in milk isn’t the end of the world. If you’re being good 80% of the time (have a balanced diet) then you can leave the 20% for some fun (enjoy your chocolate cake guilt free).

4. Exercising only to burn calories

Some girls I’ve talked with confess that they use exercise as a punishment. When they eat a lot the next day, they kill themselves at the gym, was hoping to burn those calories they consumed. You need to shift your mindset and think of exercise as part of your healthy lifestyle. You eat, shower, sleep and exercise. 

5. Eat the same food every day

Going on a diet shouldn’t be boring and you shouldn’t have to eat the same food every day, obviously not chicken and broccoli if you want to lose weight! There are many varieties of food out there. You can steam, grill, or bake the chicken or fish. You can add different spices to enhance the flavour. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be plain and tasteless. You should be happy when you eat or have food.

Full Story: https://expatlifeinthailand.com/health-and-beauty/10-habits-i-blame-for-sabotage-weight-loss/

expat.png

-- © Copyright Expat Life in Thailand 2020-12-14
  • Haha 1

I got rid of 10kg in 3 months, watching the calorie intake, eat what you like but stick to the calorie budget. Exercise every other day, cycling does it for me, I find gyms and weights etc very boring. To each their own as they say. Any diet just takes self discipline and determination (IMHO)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...