Late TM28, address change

I have moved to another apartment in the same condo complex. An exhausting move followed by sickness. It's been nearly three weeks in the new place and now I see that I am required to file a change of address within 48 hours. Any idea what kind of fine I can expect for this?  

37 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The OP is using TM28 to report change of address, not that he has been away for 24 hours.

regards Worgeordie

A TM28 is also no longer required for this purpose, as stated in that article, you should read more than just the headline.

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP,  I suggest you do nothing esp as your address is same apart from room #.

Continue your 90 day reports online with current information.

If he lives in a condo his "house number" has changed, it's the same as if you move to another house down the street, definitely a very different address.

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So if he does not need a TM28 to change his address, what form No.

does he need, as he will surely need a form to notify change of address ?

The correct from now it a TM27 form. But immigration would still accept a TM28 form since they may not have a TM27 form.

A said most office only want a TM30 report now.

48 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So if he does not need a TM28 to change his address, what form No.

does he need, as he will surely need a form to notify change of address ?

regards Worgeordie

Why would he need to notify them? In quite a few years in Thailand i never felt the need to notify immigration about where i stayed.

Once in Udon Thani they asked me to complete a TM28 when my girlfriend submitted a TM30 for me, so i did them this favor (due to me being on a tourist visa back then i didn't have any obligation to do it), this was before it was abolished for basically everybody.

We still have form TM27 for the case that you can not stay at the place as indicated on your arrival card (i have never heard of anybody who was asked to complete this, probably due to the wording "can not" in the law, so if you just don't want to stay at the place you don't have to submit this form, which makes it basically unenforceable) and there is form TM30 for the landlord or possessor (this could of course be the alien himself) to notify if an alien is staying on their premises.

Archived