Facebook post by medical staffer ruffles police feathers

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Royal Thai Police is considering charging Pakpoom with violating the Computer Crimes Act as his intention might be to damage the authority’s image

Reminds me of the cheating husband who's caught by the wife - "But you weren't supposed to be back until tomorrow!"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Exactly what I thought.

Remember that scene from Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood - Men in Tights" where Prince John requests the sheriff to tell him the bad news "in a good way, so they won't sound so bad"? 

The very first spin doctor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

as his intention might be to damage the authority’s image.

I imagine if he ever went to court the evidence provided by the police and immigration in recent weeks in the media would be so far in favor of his stance that it would have to be a completely corrupt judge to find him guilty

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Facebook post by medical staffer ruffles police feathers

By The Nation

800_9218b3fa0e9e14f.jpg?v=1608010400

Pakpoom Dejhasadin

Police are considering pressing charges against a medical technician for allegedly falsely portraying the authorities in a bad light.

Pakpoom Dejhasadin, aka Panda Lab Doctor, a medical technician from the National Blood Centre and the Thai Red Cross Society, had posted a picture on his Facebook page of illegal immigrants entering Thailand, with a caption that claimed the immigrants normally crossed the border in Pong Nam Ron district of Chanthaburi province.

The Royal Thai Police is considering charging Pakpoom with violating the Computer Crimes Act as his intention might be to damage the authority’s image.

He later explained that his real intention was to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the country which might come from illegal border crossings.

He also warned that if he was charged for that kind of action, people might be afraid to advocate for the country’s public health safety in the future.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399626

Never go public with the truth, when police, elected officials or businesses are involved.Better to keep it to yourself and swallow the loss, if you can. Real life cases of David slaying Goliath are scarce as hen's teeth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patts said:

It won't be long until Thailand is renamed Chiland; it seems to adopting and enforcing Chinas communist laws. 

The Computer Crimes Act and Lèse-majesté laws are so loosely written that anything said on the internet in-regard to the government, police or royal family can be twisted as defamation. bye bye democracy and freedom of expression.

And do not rest your earphones on a stone statue

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gamini said:

I am 90 years old and don't expect to live too long. I have been in Thailand for over 40 years and I'm a writer. I have published five books. I'm thinking of writing a very long post on Facebook detailing a lot of people and their corruption. And post it just before I die. Does anyone think it would create problems for my family. My wife doesn't have Facebook or a computer. Our children live abroad

I guess that depends on the age, social standing, ethical background and supports for your wife.

Make it clear in your post that the matters which you report on, have no input from, or knowledge by your wife.

Depending on whom you are naming and the evidence you are able to supply will depend on how those in control may react.

Pre warn your children if you decide to go ahead and publish, but do not tell them the date you will do this,nor too much content,  and ensure they are in no way implicated in the matters you disclose.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, gamini said:

I am 90 years old and don't expect to live too long. I have been in Thailand for over 40 years and I'm a writer. I have published five books. I'm thinking of writing a very long post on Facebook detailing a lot of people and their corruption. And post it just before I die. Does anyone think it would create problems for my family. My wife doesn't have Facebook or a computer. Our children live abroad

Stick it to them, they deserve it!

• Like 2