One foreign diver deported, one clings on after Koh Pha-ngan eco assault

webfact

9 hours ago, ardsong said:

can not belief these stu... divers.

first of all disturbing the natural beauties of the sea and than secondly most stupid to shows their own illegal actions on the public internet. Had they not posted these pictures, nobody would have know except these divers and then they could have shown the pictures to their close friends only . 

it's all about 'look at me' - well dumbass look at ya now lol..

On 12/15/2020 at 4:03 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Eco Assault ???? Really ???

The faux outrage is, well, outrageous....     By all means protect nature, the seas, the corals etc... but do so equally.

Fine those polluting the oceans, those who litter, and yes, fine those for handling corral, but only as much as those Thai’s who do the same thing. 

This treatment really quite ridiculous, when in comparison the guy who recently pistol whipped a girl and kicked her in the face 3 times was given a 1000 baht fine !

So, you would rather they not have bothered at all? Completely ignore the issue? Set no example whatsoever? That make you happy Mr. Cynic? Merry xmas. BTW, Mr. Native English Speaker: Thais.  Plural. No apostrophe. Apostrophe is for possessive, as in the Thai's motorbike.  How many Thais (Thai nationals) comply or don't comply is beside the overall point. Foreigners who come here and flout Thai law are committing an especially egregious act since they are guests and have no right to be here except by virtue of the permission of immigration and the terms of their visas. No matter how you slice it, or try to gaslight and turn it around back onto Thais (plural, Thai people) farang are going to draw more attention under such circumstances, and rightfully so. Farang are not entitled to flout laws simply because Thai people get away with it in THEIR OWN COUNTRY! Thais, Thai government, don't appreciate farang coming here and treating the whole country as though it were their personal amusement park, which is what these bozos did, they flaunted it, and got caught. Capiche? Get it? You know whose country it is now, right? And as far as violence, I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from violence, murder, and massacres are the rule of the day rather than the exception (USA), I have no criticism whatsoever about the same issues in Thailand. There are more violent acts in one hour in the US than you'll see in 6 months or more in Thailand. Most go unpunished. I'm not here to preach to Thais as to how to run their country. I'm grateful to be here. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
correction
  • Sad 1

On 12/15/2020 at 7:30 AM, LomSak27 said:

Good warning to all that want to invest in Thailand. If they want it, they'll take it.

this may not be the case of deporting for financial gain, but it can give an example of a new kind of revenge or

killing the competition: search your competitor social media accounts and look for evidence of

any kind of eco assault that might get him deported.

than you can have his business and even get a reward.

"Fine those polluting the oceans, those who litter, and yes, fine those for handling corral, but only as much as those Thai’s who do the same thing."        ????????????

They don't do the same thing !!!!
They don't advertise in YouTube for what they do (whatever they do). Absolutely different thing, not the same. 

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Obviously that never gets taken into consideration, it's like they want you to grovel on your hands and knees begging for forgiveness 

And because you are a dirty foreigner and they are xenophobic nationalists - they boot the foreigner out anyway. 

Edited by connda

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

So, you would rather they not have bothered at all? Completely ignore the issue? Set no example whatsoever? That make you happy Mr. Cynic? Merry xmas. BTW, Mr. Native English Speaker: Thais.  Plural. No apostrophe. Apostrophe is for possessive, as in the Thai's motorbike.  How many Thais (Thai nationals) comply or don't comply is beside the overall point. Foreigners who come here and flout Thai law are committing an especially egregious act since they are guests and have no right to be here except by virtue of the permission of immigration and the terms of their visas. No matter how you slice it, or try to gaslight and turn it around back onto Thais (plural, Thai people) farang are going to draw more attention under such circumstances, and rightfully so. Farang are not entitled to flout laws simply because Thai people get away with it in THEIR OWN COUNTRY! Thais, Thai government, don't appreciate farang coming here and treating the whole country as though it were their personal amusement park, which is what these bozos did, they flaunted it, and got caught. Capiche? Get it? You know whose country it is now, right? And as far as violence, I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from violence, murder, and massacres are the rule of the day rather than the exception (USA), I have no criticism whatsoever about the same issues in Thailand. There are more violent acts in one hour in the US than you'll see in 6 months or more in Thailand. Most go unpunished. I'm not here to preach to Thais as to how to run their country. I'm grateful to be here. 

Can you just repeat that please?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, smew said:

the whole Thai government should be deported for allowing sewage and garbage dumping into the sea and rivers.....

I never swim in the sea here in Jomtien/Pattaya.  It's disgusting.  And these guys get done in for this? BS.

13 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

This American parody criticises a poster's punctuation, when his English writing skills are let's say "American" ! Learn how to connect 'views'  making  complex sentences rather than simple ones ! 

19 hours ago, Freigeist365 said:

Hypocrisy at its very finest... 

At the end of a dive - who threw the trash I had collected from the sea and that initially was thrown into the sea amidst a national park by the Thai boat owner back at me screaming, "This is MY country!!! I can make as dirty as I want!!!!", followed by the kind information that I could remain at one of those islands if I feel that I have a say on this...?

Who does oil changes on their boats in national parks, getting rid of the used oil slick via bilge pumps as soon as the boat is moving away from a national park, or between islands?

Who throws 7Eleven trash bags full with plastic and glass bottles, empty crisp bags, etc. right out of the window of the moving pickup after passing (inbound) our national park sign?

Who dumps construction trash and leftovers right along the roads (preferrably near or in national parks?)?

Who throws trash in his own yards, preferrably in a nice "design" all around the house and could not be bothered?

Who dumps everything, including flammable and highly toxic substances happily into their toilets and sinks?

Who gives a <deleted>' toss about nature preservation at all, UNLESS!!!! a "Farang" can be blamed???

You guess what the answer is - it starts with capital T

I was at a national mangrove forest and saw a discarded TV 

• Sad 1

On 12/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, J Town said:

The mistake these guys made was publishing it on social media. They didn't do anything most of us divers have done at one time or another, but we didn't brag about it on the internet.

Yes it is that old cheatnut advertising your crime, people cannot keep thier mouths shut or their fingers off the keys. People donot need to know everything one does.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike k said:

I was at a national mangrove forest and saw a discarded TV 

Therfe are two sides to every tale.

The Mangroves close to where I live were completely destroyed by developers.

The developers were Farangs.

We are slowly replacing them. (The mangroves, not the Farangs ????)

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Have the farangs become fertilizer  for the crustaceans?

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:37 PM, Tropicalevo said:

This looked like old growth to me but I did see where new trees were being rooted and planted and they looked good 

• Like 1

They are alot  more worse cases than this one.put it on social media not a good idea.Above the water alot more damage is caused by thais and tourist that in time end in the sea.the one issue is plastic bottles they everywhere.They are just unlucky someone wanted to make a point and they were in the firing line

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...