Monthly Income Requirement for Marriage Extension

I've read quite a few threads which mention that the requirement is THB 40,000 per month sourced from overseas but nothing on income earned within Thailand. 

Is it possible to use the monthly income method (rather than method of depositing THB 400k in a Thai bank account) based on income earned within Thailand, and if so what is the minimum monthly income required?

Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If working here you use proof of tax payments to prove the 40k baht income and the previous years tax return.

If from investments and etc it is the same tax payments and etc.

Great, so 40k is the required monthly income, is there a minimum number of monthly contributions if employment is current as I am wondering if I could use this option instead of the 400k deposit going forward.

Much appreciated.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You still need to prove 12 months of income of 40k baht or more.

It does not matter how many payments are done every month as long as they total up to 40k baht or more.

ok, thanks, 12 months of 40k.

So if less than 12 months iavailable  (e.g. visa expires 31/12 but job taken up only in March so can only show 9 months of income by the time the visa comes up for renewal) then the 400k option will have to be used.

9 minutes ago, stament said:

So if less than 12 months iavailable  (e.g. visa expires 31/12 but job taken up only in March so can only show 9 months of income by the time the visa comes up for renewal) then the 400k option will have to be used.

Immigration has accepted 3 months of proof of income from working to do the application.

After the first one using the income they would expect it to be 12 months.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration has accepted 3 months of proof of income from working to do the application.

After the first one using the income they would expect it to be 12 months.

Good to know I can use this option next time, many thanks UJ

Archived