Can U find love ...real love ?

georgegeorgia

43 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Real love is in the eye of the beholder. How we look upon love, and what defines real love, is individual. That as well as the expectations of real love and the meaning of real love is different from one human beeing to another, makes your OP very diffuse. One person might prefer a black woman, while your hear people saying the Philippines is the best choice to find real love. How do you look at the definition of real love? Is it totally unconditional or does it come with rules and regulations? Could you just give real love to someone without any expectations?

What I am saying is that we all have expectations of love and that they all are different. A woman might need that you live up to the standards that gives her security in life. If so, does that make the love real or fake in your eyes? As a man you might want a woman that gives you affection and children. Does that make an infertile woman unable to give real love?

There are so many aspects on this topic, so it would be possible to write a book with more pages than the bible itself. However, I will stop here and leave you with this small information as food for thoughts. A good advice is to think yourself when it comes to dealing with real love, and not listen to how others define the subject.

Yes you are right 

I guess real love to me is having someone to care for & vice versa 

But..having said I'm interested in guys particularly over the age of 50 who are happy being single ...and like to be by themselves...but it obviously means they have a "support" network somewhere else whether that be family overseas they talk to regularly or even mates down at the bars .

But Is there any expats on here who are single and don't have family left in farangland ..are U happy ?

• Confused 3

25 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes you are right 

But..having said I'm interested in guys particularly over the age of 50 who are happy being single ...and like to be by themselves...but it obviously means they have a "support" network somewhere else whether that be family overseas they talk to regularly or even mates down at the bars .

But Is there any expats on here who are single and don't have family left in farangland ..are U happy ?

What are you saying? Are you saying that guys over 50 that are single, can´t be happy if they do not have the obvious network and family as you post it?

Still an individual question. We are not wired same. What you call good, others might se as bad. What you a happy about mothers might cry over.

Why so interested about totally useless information?

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

My experience is Phillipines girls can be lovely but more desperate and potential scammers.

The poor areas there seem much worse off then Thailand

Some guys need a mommy to take care of them others just want a partner.

Seems like most here though have been married in their past life and prefer to be single here.

You raise a good point about why people go to the Philippines or Thailand..some do want/ need  " ," mommy' type of wife to look after them.

There is a very large guy at my work place ..200kg ...he said today he couldn't find real love partner in Thailand no matter how hard he tried ...so off he went to the Phillipines and brought back to Australia a wife .

He is the type who needs that mommy type to look after him 

• Haha 1

Just now, 473geo said:

Love is more about facing the challenges of life with some one who has the same sense of direction, a partner whose company you will thoroughly enjoy along the way, both carrying high regard for the needs and expectations of the other

".....a partner whose company you will thoroughly enjoy...."

Sounds about right...for a Saturday night in Nana....I must be in love.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes you are right 

I have a friend who is a hermit type, and he prefers being alone. Sometimes he thinks having a woman around would be pleasant. But, he does not seem willing to put up with any nonsense, and he does not like the associated expenses of having a woman to take care of. No getting around that. It can be expensive. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You raise a good point about why people go to the Philippines or Thailand..some do want/ need  " ," mommy' type of wife to look after them.

There is a very large guy at my work place ..200kg ...he said today he couldn't find real love partner in Thailand no matter how hard he tried ...so off he went to the Phillipines and brought back to Australia a wife .

He is the type who needs that mommy type to look after him 

I think finding "real love" for a farang in either the PI or Thailand would be difficult.  Now finding someone who will marry you, quite easy.  All  (or most) of us had "real love" back home back in the day.  Did it last?  Obviously not.  So not sure if that should be the goal.  In Thailand for example, there are countless single mothers who would be great wives.  If you can handle that, it's a target-rich environment.   

Stay away from the stunners for an LTR. Absolutely not worth the headaches, the demands, the maintenance. I’ve seen those couples far too many times, and heard their ridiculous arguments. At the shopping malls, they want this and that, and oh god, at the banks. An absolute indifference to whatever their partner’s plight might be, and in its place, absolute greed. 

Sure, I reckon they get their minute of fun every once in awhile. But just like the ones you might’ve brought back to your room at some point, the rest of their time is then spent on their phones. Their job’s done, and like at a mall kiosk, they’re now between customers. Such an attitude has been formed since puberty, from all the attention they’ve had. If it’s not from you, then they’ve got their queue.

Of course, there’s no way to guarantee a sure bet against this. We’ll all get screwed sometime by somebody. But from personal and friends’ experience, you significantly improve your odds by sticking around your own age, and dialing back your requirements on attractiveness. Get someone cute and sweet, but absolutely not a head turner.

I just love the looks my wife and I get, “What’s she doing with him?” What’s she got?” (Not tooting my own horn, almost any farang represents an elevation in status in the eyes of most Thai women.) Well, it’s been actually possible and enjoyable to live with her.

• Like 2