Can U find love ...real love ?

georgegeorgia

32 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

love is indefinable and is different for all the individuals concerned.  It's not about race, or ethnicity, its about a common bonding,  a mutual support and respect,  a companionship, a meeting of minds and you may find that anywhere, or never find it at all.  I 'love' my Thai wife of many years standing, as we both  have all of that list in common, although we do of course come from totally different cultural backgrounds. The relationship and love with my late first wife was of the same list.  I certainly would not wish to be single again. 

So would u define yourself as some one who cannot be alone.

Did u go to Thailand specific to look for another " love" after your first wife or that wasn't the plan.

Actually the above poster made a good point that if you are looking for real love stick to your own age group.

The 200kg 55yo guy at my work in Australia, who went to Thailand a number of times before trying the Phillipines ,said he had the opportunity to find a younger lady to marry but decided a lady at 50yo was better because he knew when he brought her back to Australia it would be harder for her to find another man at that age.

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO I have it both ways, I spend time in the village with my GF, time alone in the condo where I have my space. At my age, I don't feel like going out and chasing tail. One woman is enough.

I really could not say if what we have is love. I'm very fond of my GF, and also protective.In turn, she looks after me very well. She says she loves me, but that simply could be the culture here of telling people what they think they want to hear.

It's  not necessarily about money. Having said that, I don't think I have met any single woman here above the age of thirty who is not looking for a provider.

Your first paragraph..." I really could not say if what we have is love "

May I ask then...is your relationship because of not wanting to be lonely ?

It seems to me a question with no concrete answer it all depends on what a person wants, someone is happy to live alone after an expensive divorce and someone waiting for a divorce does not yet know what awaits them so they live peacefully happy every day,

The choice is yours of your life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Can I ask your age?

What about having someone who cares for you ?

Just qualified for a Thai retirement visa .

I can take care of myself , feed myself , wash myself , was and dry my clothes .

I always seem to end up "caring" about/for Females more than they care for me .

She did care about me, when the GBP was 55 to the Baht and as the GBP sunk , so did her "caring" about me 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So would u define yourself as some one who cannot be alone.

Did u go to Thailand specific to look for another " love" after your first wife or that wasn't the plan.

I would say that I am definately happier in relationship, although I am happy to be alone for stretches. 

I met my wife in Hong Kong when I worked there after my first wife died.  She worked for the same company that I did.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

love is indefinable and is different for all the individuals concerned.  It's not about race, or ethnicity, its about a common bonding,  a mutual support and respect,  a companionship, a meeting of minds and you may find that anywhere, or never find it at all.  I 'love' my Thai wife of many years standing, as we both  have all of that list in common, although we do of course come from totally different cultural backgrounds. The relationship and love with my late first wife was of the same list.  I certainly would not wish to be single again. 

Although I am single , I still have friends . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Yes Colin but if it doesn't happen he has landed himself for life with a wife he feels he does not need, can you imagine how that would go?

There are those who are better off single, and may have the money later in life to pay a carer

And who is to say whether the Woman would stick around or be willing to care for me ?

I would say that the majority of Thai Females would walk away from a relationship if the Husband had a serious accident and there was no long term benefit of them sticking around .

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I say this because there was a discussion at my work today among us saying if you are looking for real real love & partner go to the Phillipines not Thailand

Highly unlikely you will find "real love" , you will probably find a desperately poor lady who cannot make ends meet who will very much appreciate you financially helping her out 

• Like 2

Yep, I need a mommy to take care of me and I found her in Thailand. 

As for the Philippines most of the women want to run away from that forsaken country. They even come to Thailand for work. Thailand has a lot less desperate women and this is a good thing. 

Change Pattaya for Rayong or Chonburi and you'll find love. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

As your body eventually breaks down, good to have someone you can trust -- to wake up to as the anesthesia wears off and your wallet and phone aren't gone.   ???? 

You should never leave your drink open and  alone when you go to the toilet, anyway, where did you hide your phone and wallet ?

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your first paragraph..." I really could not say if what we have is love "

May I ask then...is your relationship because of not wanting to be lonely ?

I am very comfortable with my own company. I've had my share of P4P here as well. IMO women here select who they think will take care of them, then work on convincing the male to do so with all the tools at their command.

Perhaps I am just used to having her look after me.

• Like 1

i found real love, but only after having a broken heart .

(my X posted a photo of her and a and a hard looking Thai lady drinking champagne in the Ritz (Sweden)

I was obviously not good enough for her ! ????

• Like 1

When in the UK, and before we married she used to sit on my knee and we would watch the F1 races together. Since we married she would rather go and do the ironing.  Not quite sure where that fits in with love though. 

• Haha 1

Yes there are some horror stories out there especially being ripped off financially.

I really have the utmost respect for those older farang who are independent & don't need that mother figure wife in their life.

I guess it's how you were brought up and if your a needy type person and introvert or extrovert 

Myself.. I get lonely..I would luv now to settle down but don't think I ever could .. ...I do worry however when I retire to Thailand ( Pattaya)  as I get towards 60 ridiculous silly things like who will visit me in hospital if I get sick ?

Do I need anyone to actually " love " when I retire there ?

Do I need a love of my life ?

I'm able to look after myself but even though I love the girls of the night there will always be a missing piece I guess.. someone who really cares that you can talk to .

.I'm scared to say... end up 80yo in hospital bed and the nurse says where's your wife  etc ...and I have no one ...

Edited by georgegeorgia

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I have been fortunate. Married a Thai girl 26 years younger than me, 14 years ago, after knowing each other for three days!!!!.......hardly spent a day apart since.

She is affectionate, considerate, works hard, has always had a 'well paid' job as a supervisor...we are both retired now.

She cuts my hair, gives me a manicure and pedicure fortnightly and she showers me everyday (must be the smell).......I'm not an invalid by the way....5555..... a fit (IMO) 75kg, 6' 65 year old.

Happy days.

But she can hardly put a sentence together. "what you want eat Hon" would be about it. 

That's what kills the experience. The rest of your stuff can be bought for peanuts. 

Guys all of these types of threads end up with everybody being deliriously happy with their partner. 

I'm not buying it but I got a lot of friends trapped and it's not pretty. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1