Can U find love ...real love ?

georgegeorgia

On 12/21/2020 at 5:14 PM, YITB1980 said:

For me, Covid changed everything. Prior to the pandemic, I was single and I pretty-much enjoyed it. At the time of the lockdown, I decided to try the "relationship thing" with a beautiful, hard-working lady who owns her own retail business. She has taken great care of me these past few months and I have been there to support her when her business has been slow. I cannot predict the future but I have not regretted my decision once. I am grateful to have had a like-minded woman in my life while riding out this global pandemic. She has been a blessing to me.

Yeah. Don't listen to the naysayers. Once you find a normal Asian lady for the partner it's smooth sailing. 

My Chinese wife has been taking care of me since covid as I have lost a lot of income. She bought me health insurance, took a loan for the condo and even deposited money for a marriage extension. 

I met her on tinder during my last years f fest after my divorce. While we were chatting she mentioned she's Christian. As a hard core atheist this was unacceptable for me, but here she is the kindest most loving person. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 1:08 PM, georgegeorgia said:

That is live by yourself and are independent...and don't want a relationship.

I say this because there was a discussion at my work today among us saying if you are looking for real real love & partner go to the Phillipines not Thailand .

(Removed)

Do U agree 

i don't agree because women don't love, they only take.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can U find love ...real love ?

Assuming the OP is about romantic love and not mother love, love of country etc, IMO and experience- NO.

IMO there is lust and friendship. If we are lucky lust becomes friendship about the same time as lust ends.

Our problem is that ( most of us ) we were brought up on fairy stories about love ( and they lived happily ever after ) and later indoctrinated by entertainment and media to think that women are special and that we have to win them by gifts, rings, houses and lotsacash etc.

Sometimes we have to learn the lesson the hard way- I had to live the nightmare twice before I wised up. The lust was OK, but it never turned into friendship.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/16/2020 at 7:08 PM, georgegeorgia said:

if you are looking for real real love & partner go to the Phillipines not Thailand .

I've worked with plenty of Fillipinas and IMO they are no different to women anywhere. Their family ( children ) is everything. As with Thai women, the foreigner husband comes somewhere below the dog in importance, IMO.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, Pravda said:

Don't listen to the naysayers. Once you find a normal Asian lady for the partner it's smooth sailing. 

I guess it's just difficult to find a "normal Asian lady" here.  ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Victornoir said:

You will see serious old guys, sad and lonely.

Why stay alone in this country where access to women is so easy? Probably in the majority by incomes limited to their only subsistence,

You overlook another explanation- they may be impotent for various reasons, and why would anyone pay a bargirl for the night if they can't do the biz?

• 3 weeks later...

I think the location you are in is not the ideal place to be looking for love. The ladies in Pattaya are there for one reason only and that is to make money. If love spawns between a customer and a bar girl, there will always be that money factor no matter what. But let’s say you live in a regular non tourist city then the answer is “yes” you can find real love in the definition of money not being a deciding factor. 

Edited by anthony0339

Yes. We've been together 23 years now and we do love each other.

When she first said "I love you", I told her that I don't believe in words. They are easy to say. I said I'd know whether she did, or didn't by watching her actions. That was 21 years ago.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 1:22 PM, CorpusChristie said:

I prefer being single, living alone and not being loved up .

Really dont want to care for anyone else or fund their life , thanks very much 

So, hand job or Japanese rubber doll for you then, good luck
!

I don't know but everytime I have a girlfriend I start to feel bored and sad.

I prefer much more being single (but not alone, just changing girl every time I want to go out or dinner or on a trip) and I enjoy my "freetime" sometimes and the not having to be afraid everytime I look at my phone or having to entertain someone.

It actually also costs much less than having a girlfriend.

How is the saying?

Gf = double expenses and half fun

2 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

I don't know but everytime I have a girlfriend I start to feel bored and sad.

I prefer much more being single (but not alone, just changing girl every time I want to go out or dinner or on a trip) and I enjoy my "freetime" sometimes and the not having to be afraid everytime I look at my phone or having to entertain someone.

It actually also costs much less than having a girlfriend.

How is the saying?

Gf = double expenses and half fun

That's great if your independent type of person...but many guys need a " mother " figure because they are lonely or needy .

Some even put up with being both physically & mentally abused by a narcissist Thai  wife or girlfriend or boyfriend  because they " need" someone .

You sound like U luv your independence and can be your own company and look after yourself.

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

I have a loving Thai wife and intend to love only her and stay with her forever. There are the usual problems with debts and things like that. I must admit I never worried about money until I married a Thai lady.

Having said that, if the worse happened, I would never marry again, particularly a Thai lady. I think I would leave Thailand to avoid temptation. Maybe it's a case of been there, done that. It would be hard to go through the process of assimilating a new family and all the other Thai cultural / societal things that being married in Thailand entails. I just couldn't start that process afresh. The first time it's all new and a bit of a wonder.

And now, having said that, one cannot rule falling in love and getting married again. 

53 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

That's great if your independent type of person...but many guys need a " mother " figure because they are lonely or needy .

Some even put up with being both physically & mentally abused by a narcissist Thai  wife or girlfriend or boyfriend  because they " need" someone .

You sound like U luv your independence and can be your own company and look after yourself.

Load of tosh, surely those that are having to pay by the hour and hang out in bars to find company are the 'needy'

• Like 1

My question is this ...

How many of you expats particular in Pattaya enjoy being alone & single ?

Alone, single and thoroughly enjoying the amazing smorgasbord of honeys that LoS provides. 

Move to pussy paradise to get married?? You are kidding. 

Will marry when no longer able to smash pussy.

• Sad 1

On 12/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Real love is in the eye of the beholder. How we look upon love, and what defines real love, is individual. That as well as the expectations of real love and the meaning of real love is different from one human beeing to another, makes your OP very diffuse. One person might prefer a black woman, while your hear people saying the Philippines is the best choice to find real love. How do you look at the definition of real love? Is it totally unconditional or does it come with rules and regulations? Could you just give real love to someone without any expectations?

What I am saying is that we all have expectations of love and that they all are different. A woman might need that you live up to the standards that gives her security in life. If so, does that make the love real or fake in your eyes? As a man you might want a woman that gives you affection and children. Does that make an infertile woman unable to give real love?

There are so many aspects on this topic, so it would be possible to write a book with more pages than the bible itself. However, I will stop here and leave you with this small information as food for thoughts. A good advice is to think yourself when it comes to dealing with real love, and not listen to how others define the subject.

Loyalty is the key to love . No need to write a book on the subject 

On 12/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Actually the above poster made a good point that if you are looking for real love stick to your own age group.

The 200kg 55yo guy at my work in Australia, who went to Thailand a number of times before trying the Phillipines ,said he had the opportunity to find a younger lady to marry but decided a lady at 50yo was better because he knew when he brought her back to Australia it would be harder for her to find another man at that age.

As this song and some may say " If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife"

I don't agree, I'm not even going out with an ugly girl cuzz I want to be happy.  Maybe if you are obese and ugly you would have to settle  for what ever you can get like your friend but is that what he really wanted? A woman who was unatractive not only to him but  most other  males so they would not hit on her.  

On 12/17/2020 at 12:34 AM, CorpusChristie said:

They sure do , as long as she can pay for it herself .

If she wants a rich , affluent lifestyle of comfort and care which is beyond her means .

I prefer it if they didnt hang about , otherwise its at my expense .

If you can/want to pay for both , up to you 

Tell me how many Western women will stay with a guy who doesn't support them. Unlike you most guys I think want compaionship , it's not just about the sex. For that any  guy could just use his hand and some llube for free or call up/see a hooker for short time and cash.  Most like someone to hold, sleep with, talk with rather than some stranger to feel them up with no immotional attachment.

• Thanks 1

Can U find love.... real love?

You can find anything if you look for it in the right place... 

Thailand is no different than any other country. Now, mind you, those places which horny sexpats frequent seem to be an exception. So you perhaps might not want to try to find real love there.... 

Everywhere else, sure you can.

Real love?  Geez, I cannot even find my bed on a good day, let alone some real love from my coin operated gf! ????????????

Not at all unhappy living alone....I like the freedom to roll over at night and cut a huge fart and no one is upset or bothered...????????????????????????????????????????

On 3/5/2021 at 10:55 PM, Victornoir said:

In Pattaya, spend the evening in front of Chunky Monkey or Hungry Hyppo. You will see serious old guys, sad and lonely.

Why stay alone in this country where access to women is so easy? Probably in the majority by incomes limited to their only subsistence, some try the cure of old wounds by the wantonness, others finally by bitter mysanthropy unable of the enpathy necessary to share the existence.

Still, life as a couple is better under all circumstances, but like other conditions for a healthy and enjoyable life, it takes some talent to be successful.

You have to go by the Hungry Hippo more often and look for the smiling, happy go lucky guy enjoying a nice bowl of soup! ????????????????????????????????. He would be the one without a wife at home and a happy hooker at the waiting......????????????????

• Like 1