Can U find love ...real love ?

georgegeorgia

On 12/16/2020 at 2:56 PM, georgegeorgia said:

You raise a good point about why people go to the Philippines or Thailand..some do want/ need  " ," mommy' type of wife to look after them.

There is a very large guy at my work place ..200kg ...he said today he couldn't find real love partner in Thailand no matter how hard he tried ...so off he went to the Phillipines and brought back to Australia a wife .

He is the type who needs that mommy type to look after him 

He must have been very rich, along with having a very unattractive wife. I mean being the weight of about three average guys??

An interesting point, what is your workplace? How can a guy who weighs 200 kg actually get about?

On 12/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, Lacessit said:

When you get to 60? That's still middle age, unless one has abused their body badly with alcohol, nicotine and drugs.

You won't find many women in Thailand to talk to unless you take the trouble to learn the language. I talk to my Thai GF all the time in Thai, it's good practice and helps ward off Alzheimers.

I'm not sure love is needed, just a mutual contract of taking care of one another. Plenty of women here very happy to do that.

BTW, you can hire retired nurses here as carers for 10-15K baht/month. The Thai government compulsorily retires them from all the public hospitals at age 45.

That sounds drastic, I assume they will get a pension, Oh! Wait. This is Thailand.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, Lacessit said:

You won't find many women in Thailand to talk to unless you take the trouble to learn the language. I talk to my Thai GF all the time in Thai, it's good practice and helps ward off Alzheimers.

Almost every woman I've encountered in Thailand speaks English.

If you only mix with farm girls whom left school age 13, your experiences may be different.

• Like 2

Honestly,  I dont think so. I think true, altruistic  love is so rare it is virtually impossible to have. Everyone has an agenda. Things may start out perfect, they usually do, but things change because people change.

There's an old maxim that is an uncomfortable truism.

Men marry a woman hoping she'll never change. 

Women marry a man hoping he will change.

I've been married to my Lao wife for almost 14 years.  Both facets hold away.

• Like 1

I met my Thai wife online (Thai love lines) 13 years ago and been married for 9, best thing that ever happened to me. I was fairlly wealthy when i met her and still am. She has a very.good salaried job and in 13 years hasn't asled for a penny,

Don't knock Thai women or online love, it does exist

47 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

I met my Thai wife online (Thai love lines) 13 years ago and been married for 9, best thing that ever happened to me. I was fairlly wealthy when i met her and still am. She has a very.good salaried job and in 13 years hasn't asled for a penny,

This shows how not every hot Thai girl worked bar or is out to rip guys off

57 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

Don't be so confident, my former wife waited 30 years before ripping me.

13 years is nothing, wait until the kids are about to leave school and see what happens.

Women tend to think in 3 stages

Stage 1, find a mate.

Stage 2, raise the kids.

Stage 3, grab all you can and off to find stuff existing man doesn't provide.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Of course you can.

But i dont want o be married or stuck. I have never been married, no kids, never had a house. I love my freedom. But i do have a gf i live with. She also does not want to be married.

im 58, she is 33 also never married and no kids. Been together 7 years. Though she hated me riding a scooter and after 2 small falls she bought me a car.

she does her thing, i do mine. Thats love for me.

only annoying thing is that she insists on cooking and cleaning, just wont let me do it.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Of course you can.

But i dont want o be married or stuck. I have never been married, no kids, never had a house. I love my freedom. But i do have a gf i live with. She also does not want to be married.

im 58, she is 33 also never married and no kids. Been together 7 years. Though she hated me riding a scooter and after 2 small falls she bought me a car.

she does her thing, i do mine. Thats love for me.

How many times have you taken her back to your country for a visit?

On 3/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, 473geo said:

Load of tosh, surely those that are having to pay by the hour and hang out in bars to find company are the 'needy'

Not IMO. Renting avoids all those problems like forgetting birthdays and being asked for a "loan".

If one wants unconditional love get a dog.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What's that got to do with the subject?

Lots. In Thailand large age differences are acceptable. In the West, they're not.

If it's true love, he will ignore all the dirty looks and cradle-snatching jokes he will get.

• Like 1

Medical advice says "variety is the spice of life". 

So will do what the good doc says and remain single to have freedom for maximum enjoyment of a large variety of beautiful Thai girls. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/without-prejudice/201912/variety-is-the-spice-life-in-research-too

Edited by Nemises

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not IMO. Renting avoids all those problems like forgetting birthdays and being asked for a "loan".

If one wants unconditional love get a dog.

Dogs will also bite if exposed to a poor handler, 'renting' requires limited knowledge, experience, and relationship skills, hence the obvious option for those bereft of such.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 12:26 PM, BritManToo said:

Don't be so confident, my former wife waited 30 years before ripping me.

13 years is nothing, wait until the kids are about to leave school and see what happens.

Women tend to think in 3 stages

Stage 1, find a mate.

Stage 2, raise the kids.

Stage 3, grab all you can and off to find stuff existing man doesn't provide.

Do you really think that vow " till death do us part "  is relevant these days.   30 years is a long time to be  married, if a woman had planed to rip you off from the beginning they wouldn;t have waited 30 <deleted> years to do it. People  change over time , develope different tastes/interests. Maybe the partner doesn't fit those changes so time to move on. Hopefully the split can be amicable but some  think its a betrayal or personal affront if the spouse wants to leave.

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Lots. In Thailand large age differences are acceptable. In the West, they're not.

If it's true love, he will ignore all the dirty looks and cradle-snatching jokes he will get.

I understand that, but that's hardly a reason for not taking her to home country. IMO it's a waste of money taking her back to home country that would be better spent on living well in LOS.

8 hours ago, 473geo said:

Dogs will also bite if exposed to a poor handler, 'renting' requires limited knowledge, experience, and relationship skills, hence the obvious option for those bereft of such.

LOL. I tried the "partner" experience twice and regretted it both times. Conversely, I was happy renting till I met the wrong woman and thought ( foolishly ) that she really did love me.

I was never into short time, but a couple of weeks was about right.

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not if they get serious with bargirls.

That's a falicy. 2 of my co-workers came over on trips and ended up marrying the bar girls they had taken out. 1. has been married 15 years with his wife but no kids. The other has been married 18 years with 16 year old son (1st marriage for him) He also raised her daughter from previos relationship who was 10 when her and mom came over to USA. Both women worked to help support family andhave nice homes, cars ,ect.

Edited by Tony125
correction

On 3/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, CharlieH said:

I tend to disagree with this. Its the culture here that the "provider" aspect comes first in my opinion. Looks, age etc come behind the ability to provide and take care of them.

The mystical "love" is something that takes time and grows between two people, The initial attraction from him is lust and from her its "provider" in this culture. 

I spoke with my GF about this.

They have no clue what love is.

We walked around and we saw quite a lot of couples where you see what's going on.

Guy, 30 years + older, often unattractive, fat etc. She, often attractive.

Surely not love but business affair.

I asked GF what she thinks about that.

SHE: He has big heart.

Sure. As soon as the wallet is empty, the big heart is gone as well.

They really don't care how you look or how old you are as long "as Charlie mentioned", you can provide for her and her family.

I saw yesterday on Youtube a really "not good looking" guy. He was much older than her, fat, hair like a bear.

But, he is actually. building her a house.

I think she is on a mission. House and other things she gets and game over.

She was even chasing an European kitchen lol.

Probably to cook her rice.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I spoke with my GF about this.

They have no clue what love is.

We walked around and we saw quite a lot of couples where you see what's going on.

Guy, 30 years + older, often unattractive, fat etc. She, often attractive.

Surely not love but business affair.

I asked GF what she thinks about that.

SHE: He has big heart.

Sure. As soon as the wallet is empty, the big heart is gone as well.

They really don't care how you look or how old you are as long "as Charlie mentioned", you can provide for her and her family.

I saw yesterday on Youtube a really "not good looking" guy. He was much older than her, fat, hair like a bear.

But, he is actually. building her a house.

I think she is on a mission. House and other things she gets and game over.

She was even chasing an European kitchen lol.

Probably to cook her rice.

Well you would not be the sharpest tool in the box if you promised to take care of a lady then contrived to end up with an 'empty wallet'!!! even better managed the 'empty wallet' prior to giving her the security of a home ???? I guess plenty of guys out there kidding themselves they make the grade required for long term relationships

• Haha 1

Just now, 473geo said:

I guess plenty of guys out there kidding themselves they make the grade required for long term relationships

The 'grade' isn't that high, enough money to feed and house is usually all it takes to keep one.

Providing a home fully paid up front in her name is just stupid.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 11:27 AM, Geordieabroad said:

Hasn't asked for a penny ????

No, they ask for Thai Baht.