How to advertise your townhouse for rent.

So found a townhouse in Bangkok for sale recently on ddproperty and purchased it directly from owner. So moving forward the aim is to rent it out as we like where we currently live.

My question is about how to advertise. The current listing for sale has all the photos, description etc. There would only need to be minor changes. Such as for sale changed to for rent etc. Is that possible.

Has anyone been in this situation. 

Clearly the aim is not financially based and intention is to price below market just to have it occupied. 

Any advice appreciated.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, blackcab said:

You will get the best response by having a cheap vinyl banner made up and hung on the front of the building.

Think about putting the price per month on the banner. If you don't, you will get untold tyre kickers phoning you just so they can guage the market.

Adding a Line ID is also a good idea

Yes I think that's the best idea. We put the telephone number in English and Thai. 

We also had someone close we knew look after the place clean once a month and show prospective clients. We had an understanding that they would get the first months rent.

Anyway, rented fairly quickly.

We had it with an agent for months and not much interest. When I looked at their website it was item 200. 

We did get a lot of freelancers who drive past, see the sign, then want to act as agents. Best to say 'no' I think. You may have a problem convincing your Thai partner not to go with freelance agents, but after a couple try bs they learn quickly. ???? 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So found a townhouse in Bangkok for sale recently on ddproperty and purchased it directly from owner. So moving forward the aim is to rent it out as we like where we currently live.

My question is about how to advertise. The current listing for sale has all the photos, description etc. There would only need to be minor changes. Such as for sale changed to for rent etc. Is that possible.

Has anyone been in this situation. 

Clearly the aim is not financially based and intention is to price below market just to have it occupied. 

Any advice appreciated.

Do you have a link to the property mate? I’ll take a look at it for you.