Smoking meat.

vogie

Anyone clued up on the ways to smoke meat, as I have never tried this before I'm not too sure of the right way to go about it although I have looked on youtube for some information.

I have seen a bbq with a side attachment where I can put the wood for smoking, which brings me to the question has anyone used coconut husks to smoke the meat, I would like to use something that is in abundance in this country and is as cheap as chips rather than paying a fortune for a small bag of woodchips?

Would coconut husks cook the meat as well as smoking it and can you use the husks as they come or is there any preperation involved? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

If you live in Chiang  Mai easy.

Hang up outside in a insect proof hanger.

The locals do rest for you.

No on serious note coconut husks would work as long a heat not get to meat.

Look on Lazada might be cheap smoker.

????????????

Thanks, this is the one I will probably buy from Lazada and at 2300 baht it might outlive me.

Screenshot_2020-12-17-11-59-24-541.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Anyone clued up on the ways to smoke meat, as I have never tried this before I'm not too sure of the right way to go about it although I have looked on youtube for some information.

I have seen a bbq with a side attachment where I can put the wood for smoking, which brings me to the question has anyone used coconut husks to smoke the meat, I would like to use something that is in abundance in this country and is as cheap as chips rather than paying a fortune for a small bag of woodchips?

Would coconut husks cook the meat as well as smoking it and can you use the husks as they come or is there any preperation involved? Thanks.

There is an entire online comunity of dedicated meat and veg smokers, also many online forums for first hand information and what to use for which flavour and cut of meat.

Long process, nothing like a bbq

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

There is an entire online comunity of dedicated meat and veg smokers, also many online forums for first hand information and what to use for which flavour and cut of meat.

Long process, nothing like a bbq

I am sure there are many on line communities of dedicated followers of ham rashers, but I thought it might be of interest to other posters as well.