Unlimited 4G simcards - who here has it?

For a couple years I've been using True Move unlimited 4G simcard. For those who don't know this is a simcard that allows unlimited 4G use at 10 Mbps - it's not superfast but enough for pretty much anything like watching youtube or making video calls. It's not available at the shop but you can buy from Lazada.

I've been happy with pretty much everything about this simcard except one thing - I can NOT make not receive calls on facebook messenger while using this simcard. If I'm connected on a wifi then it works, but if I'm on 4g then no. The calls can be made normally in other apps such as Line or Whatsapp.

Now this is the interesting part: my yearly plan just finished and this time I bought 3 other cards

- another one from True, this time maxspeed with a 60Gb limit

- one unlimited from Dtac

- one unlimited from 1-2-call

I tried all 3 of them and they all work exactly the same, they can do everything but NOT call on messenger. I was thinking it was something wrong with my phone, but my wife's phone has the same issue. I suspect all these companies intentionally block messenger from making calls on these simcards.

Can anyone in there verify that? If you're using one of these yearly 4G simcards please try to use facebook messenger and make a call to anyone. I'd really like to know if the problem is my phone or there is an actual block from all mobile companies.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, you did not need to do so.   You can do it online: https://trueservicecall.truecorp.co.th Make sure your camera and microphone are available and then press the radio button. It will begi

You can register the via an application on your Smartphone. Validity and package will be shown as 12 months. No issues.

You can move the number of the existing SIM to the new package; although it needs to be on another network.

Posted Images

Ok I found out the problem to be that Facebook Messenger does not deal well with two simcards on the same phone. When I turn off the primary card and leave just the data one, then it works fine.

Unfortunately I need them both, the primary seem is my fixed number that is also registered with banks and I really don't want to change that. If anyone has a clue on how to sort that, I'd be really thankful

Edited by FarangFB
  • Haha 1

Just got a new monthly paid simcard from TRUE and you can pay via some app nowadays, so not even need to get the invoice by post. I have a medium package and call via Skype, Messenger and VOIP without any issues. iPhone too.

Messenger in general gets issues from time to time regardless to how good your Internet is.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I checked both Lenovo and Samsung devices (both dual sim)

ok thanks. I googled it a bit and seems to be an iphone only issue, messenger can't handle it when there are 2 sims and only one of them has internet

• Like 1

I bought 12month 4Mbps unlimited package for my car head unit on AIS for 3500 baht. 

I also have another 1Mbps package for a smart device 1200 per year. 

Your sim validity is extended and only need to top up annually. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

I bought 12month 4Mbps unlimited package for my car head unit on AIS for 3500 baht. 

Can't beat the unlimited AIS packages. Been using them for 3 years now

• Like 2

??

3500 baht? Why would you do that...unless you wanted to keep the same number? You know the AIS 10 Mbps annual pack is under 2000 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

??

3500 baht? Why would you do that...unless you wanted to keep the same number? You know the AIS 10 Mbps annual pack is under 2000 baht.

@EindhovenI'd be very grateful for a link to that package, thanks.

Edit: Found IT - Damn I wish I knew that, 100GB is more than enough for the car a month... https://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/en/marathon1790.html

Edited by Satcommlee

@EindhovenI'd be very grateful for a link to that package, thanks.

Edit: Found IT - Damn I wish I knew that, 100GB is more than enough for the car a month... https://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/en/marathon1790.html

No, that's not it. That has a data limit of 100 GB.

It's this one: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-8mbps-12-i1836666017-s5551112366.html

Actually described as 8- 10 Mbps. But unlimited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1