Well I was getting all my ducks lined up and ready to fill in the online COE application and see this today!¬†ūüė™

The embassy is currently updating the website and the procedures for obtaining visa and the COE.
If you plan to travel to Thailand in January 2021 or onwards, please check back soon on the embassy's website for the official guidelines. 

I was planning to arrive middle of January, I wonder how long this will delay my plans.

This from the US Embassy website, BTW

Edited by Suphawk
  • Like 2
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A snowball may well have a chance in Hell after all as I just now received my COE on a SATURDAY! Almost fell over with shock and JOY! After 10.5 months...I'M GOING HOME! I am scheduled out of quaranti

I'm safe and sound in my ASQ hotel, day 3 already! The trip was smooth, the flight on American from my small city to DFW was a cattle car, I sure hope I managed to stay covid free on this trip, I

Im in ASQ DAY 0, first day doesn’t count, i wanted to thank everyone on here for helping me get this far, everyone’s contributions with advice helped out a lot, got a nice room on riverfront with big

Posted Images

You can always try. If you want or need a visa, I think you can get conditional approval for COE prior to paying for a flight or ASQ. 

A downside of trying now would be that requirements are loosened and you will expend effort not required after the changes, whatever those are.

If you want to try visa exempt entry, I would wait. There is a lack of clarity at the moment. I tried and was told I need a visa.

2 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you, trying to arrange for a mid January arrival. I'm getting whiplash from trying to react to the almost daily "shifting ground". Relating to the Thai immigration authorities, there's absolutely NOTHING you can rely on other than an expectation that your path will be needlessly convoluted and difficult.

Did you notice how long ago they added that Note no the COE Application? I think they just need to update flight info or something on the COE application.

I hope they finish soon!

Come on Thailand, We have money to spend!¬†ūüėÄ

• Like 1

No didn't see the notice until you mentioned it. I've been busy trying to get all my stuff lined up with banking, targeting ASQ and flights etc in preparation to book everything and send the COE application.... I can only hope that either the delay is minor, just updating, or that somehow (sure not counting on it), they've simplified the process and some of the ridiculous moving hoops and simultaneous processes have been simplified.

I'm also not sure what to make of this statement on the COE application.... Applicants who are currently in the USA not allowed?

"Due to the high infection rate, the APEC card holders and the applicants who are currently in the USA do not fall under the categories that could enter Thailand at the moment, please check back regularly for any updates."

57 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

I'm also not sure what to make of this statement on the COE application.... Applicants who are currently in the USA not allowed?

"Due to the high infection rate, the APEC card holders and the applicants who are currently in the USA do not fall under the categories that could enter Thailand at the moment, please check back regularly for any updates."

Yeah, that text wasn't on the COE application page a couple of days ago..... now it is... Looks like somebody just kicked the door closed, but curiously with no official announcement, after the big press affair of opening the Kingdom to tourists again just a couple of weeks ago and announcing the new STV to try and kickstart the tourist influx.  

Seeing this is from the Thai Embassy in Washington DC's website, why didn't they just take the COE application page down, rather than inserting some small print into the application form itself?

Very Thai though....

What's funny though is it looks just like the old text that appeared on the website BEFORE the "reopening" and announcement of new STV and visa exempt entry availability.

Right hand, meet left hand. Somethings going on behind the curtain.

2 hours ago, Suphawk said:

Do you have a APEC card? If not it does not apply you. That notice has been on the site for some time and included the STV before.

This is the entire notice on the page.

"Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R) and their spouses or children, Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools). Due to the high infection rate, the APEC cardholders and the applicants who are currently in the USA do not fall under the categories that could enter Thailand at the moment, please check back regularly for any updates."

What type of visa are you wanting to get?

10 hours ago, Suphawk said:

The embassy is currently updating the website and the procedures for obtaining visa and the COE.
If you plan to travel to Thailand in January 2021 or onwards, please check back soon on the embassy's website for the official guidelines. 

What page did you see that on?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a APEC card? If not it does not apply you. That notice has been on the site for some time and included the STV before.

This is the entire notice on the page.

"Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R) and their spouses or children, Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools). Due to the high infection rate, the APEC cardholders and the applicants who are currently in the USA do not fall under the categories that could enter Thailand at the moment, please check back regularly for any updates."

What type of visa are you wanting to get?

What page did you see that on?

The APEC issue has been on the page for a couple months now and has not changed. It originally had the same inclusion for the STV until it was approved and changed recently.

The COE notice hold is on the top of the page for the on line application and is new within the last 2 or 3 days. I believe it's because the recent changes  to the approval\addition of the Exempt Visa Entry  and the other recent changes for Non Imm O and and STV and the addition of booking ASQ thru Agoda. I don't think it will be a long delay. Not sure it's anything to worry over. It doesn't say you cant apply for a COE now just that some regulations on Visa's may be updated. I am a little confused about comments on requirement\regulation frequent changes that some have commented on. If anything it seems the process is slowly getting easier and more options are available for Entry. 

Edited by Dan O
  • Like 1

This is my experience.  I started my online application for a Tourist Visa on Monday, 14th of December.  Was able to navigate the many pitfalls.

Today, I overnighted the package they requested.  All information was in the origin online application.  Online application required ASQ Confirmation and Confirmed Flights.

The package will get there by noon tomorrow.  I would hope for the Visa/COE next week.  It has gone smoothly so far.  Knock on wood.  I have plenty of time as I fly out on a semi commercial flight on the 13th of January, 2021.

Yeah! ¬†ūüėÄūüėÄ

“Your application is reviewed. In order to issue an appropriate visa and in compliance with relevant rules and regulations, please mail the original documents to the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles 

Visa section
Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles
611 N.Larchmont Blvd., 2nd Floor 
Los Angeles , CA 90004

1. Passport

2. Two passport-size photographs (2″x 2″)

3. Visa application form (Download) or attached file with this email (if applicant doesn’t have a valid Thai visa)

4. Self-addressed return envelope and Money order for visa fee if the applicant doesn’t have a valid visa.

(The visa fee are as follows: 
Single entry 40 USD for Tourist Visa & 80 USD for other types / Multiple entries200 USD)

*Tourist Visa are permitted for single entry only at the moment

**Fee for retirement visa (O-A) is 200 USD since the validity of O-A visa is multiple entries only

***Fee is not required for Diplomat/Official/UNLP passport holders with visa "D" and Thailand Elite cardholders)

5. Other required documents that you submitted through online application.

*** Please check the list of documents from the Royal Thai Embassy‚Äôs website / Royal Thai Consulate-General in Chicago / Royal Thai Consulate-General in Los Angeles **‚ÄĚ*¬†

• Like 2

As I posted on another thread, I submitted a COE application online for *visa exempt* entry first thing yesterday morning, for 02 January travel, and RTE DC was on it right away. After supplying an onward ticket, they next asked me to send a visa application package. I got the EXACT same email above as George36, but from RTE DC.

My package for Tourist Visa arrived at noon today to the RTE DC. No feedback yet.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

I've seen the exact text before but it looks like somebody just dropped it right into the online COE and visa application form... maybe an error but it sure appears to preclude APEC cardholders and anybody who is in the USA right now.

I cannot see how anybody could read that to mean everybody. It is clearly only for APEC card holders.

Applicants means those applying for a APEC card.

Just put for one after applicants.

• Like 2