COE brick wall

1 hour ago, Winegeeker said:

I’m flying out in a few hours, i had to get another PCR test last minute because Etihad changed their policy and said test must be within 72 hours of flying even though Thailand wants results within 72 hours

airport 1 hour RT-PCR test charged me $399, what a racket

Always has been a PCR within 72h before your departure flight.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Winegeeker said:

No it's test results must be less than 72 hours

Thai regulations clearly state "results within 72 hrs" but unfortunately the airlines have the decision as to whether you are allowed to board your flight, so even if they're WRONG you're still at their mercy. It's kinda like Thai immigration officers, they can be as wrong as they want to be and you can't do anything about it.

Yeah, I'd be pi55ed about it if it happened to me, but after all the time and money I'd invested in getting to that boarding gate, I'd do whatever I had to do to get on that plane.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Winegeeker said:

No it's test results must be less than 72 hours

That is the requirement to enter Thailand, however Etihad have had their own requirement since August last year that anyone flying with them must be tested within 72 hours (started at 96 and now maybe even 48 for some locations).  The tighter requirement will obviously be required, although any change shouldn't be sprung on you at short notice.

2 minutes ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

The only flights from UK showing are middle east airlines which I thought had stopped, no Thai or Eva

Etihad and Emirates are still operating some flights.  Cargo only to the UK, passengers and cargo back to the UAE.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:02 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Hav, I also booked through Agoda and the Agoda receipt does clearly state ASQ. If so then it should be Ok.  My entire COE Process was a mess.  My COE application was rejected 3 times because the Consulate claimed the Airline Reservation and ASQ confirmation were not “reviewable”??? Unfortunately I uploaded 3 documents 3 times in a matter of 3 days.  I uploaded both the Agoda confirmation and the specific hotel confirmation letter into the COE web portal.  

A few days ago I finally got my COE via email link.  

Once you get the link to download your COE an additional document must also be downloaded(Form T-8-Health Declaration).  This form is the part of documented needed to board your flight.  Of course the most important forms that have to be completed now are the RT-PCR Covid 19 Test and Fit 2 Fly.  

I gave myself 30 days to complete the entire process(Visa and COE) and the entire process took 23 days.  I never believed the entire process could be completed in 15 days claim. 

Good luck your journey.  

They approved it! it always took around 1-2 days for each COE step to be approved. That was quick.

Since i didnt apply for a visa, I did everything within a week.

Next week off to PCR test, visiting doctor for fit to fly certificate, and then 2 days later my plane will take off.

Problem in Germany is the requirement to have a PCR test AND a medical certificate saying I am corona negative!

Embassy's website:

"Medical certificate in English certifying that you are free from Coronavirus COVID-19, together with a laboratory test using RT-PCR, issued no older than 72 hours before departure".

They also mentioned this T8 form and the app.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:57 PM, Issanman said:

I got an email from Thai embassy DC telling me my COE application was approved. Now, whenever I check the status of my COE, they tell me that no information was found. 

iMarkup_20210105_095024.thumb.jpg.a76557e36e06d084511425419003adc7.jpg

Screenshot_20210104_174501_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a62eef39460afe02f2abce2387f15a0f.jpg

Join the club. I submitted my registration for a CEO and got the message "your application is being considered". But I got no 6-digit code! When I try to retrieve a 6-digit code using my name and passport number I get the same message as above. Do they send 6-digit code in an e-mail? I thought the 6-digit code was generated by the system as soon as you submitted your registration. What is the point of a tracking code if it is not generated at once by the system?

Were your applications originally submitted before January. If so you need apply again from start

they did not give out the codes before that, start it over and you should get code right away, then pre approval then submit flight and asq

I applied Jan 30, then site was down and now up. However, a note of caution. When you fill out the personal declaration form, have to convert it to a pdf file so it can be uploaded onto any section for upload. If not, the sections cannot take more than 2 pages each. Too me 3 days to get it uploaded as pdf as I am travelling and not easy to make pdf file. 

The embassy site could easily add an extra section to upload this declaration form....but again you are dealing with a govt bureaucracy who is not accountable to anyone.

After a lot of ups and downs during the process I am now on Day 1 of Quarantine in BKK.  I wont name the hotel because it has been disappointing(Just of think of where Elvis Presley used to live in Memphis).  Here are some of the lesson in the process to enter or reenter Thailand during the Visa/COE process:

1.  Plan for a minimum of 3 weeks to get everything done.  Do not believe the 15 day timeline.  it is possible but unlikely.

2.  Before you apply for the Visa and COE have the following researched and ready to book/pay quickly:

A) Flight to Thailand.  I used Singapore and everything was smooth.  

B) ASQ Hotel.  I made a mistake on my choice.  I only booked this hotel because they were listed on the Agoda ASQ portal.  So the

ASQ booking process was easy and simple.  Some of the other ASQ hotels wanted the Email song/dance and they wanted the full

amount transferred to their bank(I never do that because getting a refund could be challenging)

3.  Have all documents completed and scanned before you apply for the Visa/COE.  I dealt with the LA Consulate and in my case

They wanted the online application (with Airline and ASQ confirmations first).  "I'm just following orders".  This mindset will help.

4.  The COE process was more difficult then getting the actual Visa(in my case it as the Non Imm OA).  My COE application was

rejected 3 times.  It took about 7 days to sort things out.  Really do not know what happened but I kept on uploading documents             until I got approved.

The entire process at BKK upon arrival only took 30 minutes.  The flight only had about 30 people.  Check In at LAX with Singapore was smooth and all the documents were checked.  In Singapore documents were not checked before boarding the connecting flight to BKK.

Additionally considering making two bookings for the Covid 19 RT-PCR test.  All the places I called said the results could come back in 24 hours but they could not guarantee it  Luckily my  "Not Detected"test result came back in under 24 hours.  I was told by the Lab Tech a Negative test result for Covid 19 is not possible.  The ideal test result is Not Detected. n Southern California this test cost $175.  My plan b was a Rapid RT-PCR test with a turnaround time of 4 hours but of course this would have cost $475(wow).  

Good luck to those who are inbound because this process was difficult and at times aggravating.  Now I have to check my temperature again.  This is the year 2021 and the nurse at the hotel gave out Mercury Thermometers.  

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 6:14 AM, karunasup said:

Too me 3 days to get it uploaded as pdf as I am travelling and not easy to make pdf file.

Recent versions of Windows have a built in "Print to PDF" feature and there are many other programs such as CutePDF which do the same.  No need for most people to have any difficulty creating these files.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, karunasup said:

I applied Jan 30, then site was down and now up. However, a note of caution. When you fill out the personal declaration form, have to convert it to a pdf file so it can be uploaded onto any section for upload. If not, the sections cannot take more than 2 pages each. Too me 3 days to get it uploaded as pdf as I am travelling and not easy to make pdf file. 

The embassy site could easily add an extra section to upload this declaration form....but again you are dealing with a govt bureaucracy who is not accountable to anyone.

Regarding the declaration form. The London embassy gives it as documents needed but I have read a few comments about not needing it. I printed it just to be sure, at Bangkok airport the girl said you don't need that.

Squakvfr,

Glad that you made.  In 4th day at ASQ and have my first Covid test tomorrow.

For info and help to others,  I got my Covid test at LAX for $120 and it guaranteed results in three to five hours. I got the results in exactly three hours by email.  

On 2/6/2021 at 7:46 AM, treetops said:

That is the requirement to enter Thailand, however Etihad have had their own requirement since August last year that anyone flying with them must be tested within 72 hours (started at 96 and now maybe even 48 for some locations).  The tighter requirement will obviously be required, although any change shouldn't be sprung on you at short notice.

I'm flying out on thursday 5 pm and I'll take my test tomorrow (tuesday) at 11 am. That means I'll be at ~ 60 hours from test when entering my first flight. I'll be at ~65 hours at my first and only stopover. 

The PCR-test in my city (the only available) return results within 48 hours, so that last day will be extremely tight and stressful...fingers crossed. 

Thanks for all the help in the thread. ????

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bob4u said:

Keep getting this error, used diff browsers and diff .jpeg and .pdf sizes

Are you trying to upload them? What size are the files?

I did a test and uploaded a jpg image and a PDF file.