COE brick wall

5 minutes ago, George36 said:

Quick question please so I am not screwing up here.

Are you looking to do Tourist Visa and COE or just COE for visa exempt entry?

My belief is that the visa exempt may not be all approved and active for travel in January.  The forms and procedures for Tourist Visa is not much more than what is needed for the COE.  IMHO, the $40 for visa is well worth it.

I'm going for a 1 year retirement Visa and COE. I hope they will approve me ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suphawk said:

I'm going for a 1 year retirement Visa and COE. I hope they will approve me ????

When I started this process, I came to the board and sought answers to questions and all seemed to indicate that getting an O-A based on retirement is easy to do after getting into Thailand.

It was recommended that I enter under Tourist Visa, apply for O visa giving  three months and then extend for 12 months under retirement procedures.  

Not sure if visa exempt is doable quite yet but that would work also as above.

Ubonjoe:  Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, George36 said:

When I started this process, I came to the board and sought answers to questions and all seemed to indicate that getting an O-A based on retirement is easy to do after getting into Thailand.

It was recommended that I enter under Tourist Visa, apply for O visa giving  three months and then extend for 12 months under retirement procedures.  

Ubonjoe:  Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

I personally like the idea of doing the O-A from home first because they accept my home bank balance. This way I can see how the first year goes before I move a large amount of money to Thailand.

I've been following a guy from the US who had success with O-A a month or 2 ago (Greeny Travels , YouTube)

Edited by Suphawk
add info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Suphawk said:

I personally like the idea of doing the O-A from home first because they accept my home bank balance. This way I can see how the first year goes before I move a large amount of money to Thailand.

I've been following a guy from the US who had success with O-A a month or 2 ago (Greeny Travels , YouTube)

The only major issue with applying for a Non O-A (long stay) visa from home country is the extra insurance that is required (also with extensions and with future entries using the visa). I believe the Non O-A visa was much more attractive before the health insurance requirement was added. Note that your home country health insurance that, in principle, far exceeds the requirements for the visa may not satisfy immigration in Thailand, and you can end up needing to purchase essentially worthless insurance from an approved Thai provider to meet the requirement.

I believe now it is probably better to enter with a tourist visa, and apply for the Non O (conversion) visa when in Thailand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George36 said:

It is; it can be selected on the COE whereas it couldn't before. The only thing outstanding is the final decree that it's for 45 days instead of 30.

• Like 1

I can book a flight from San Francisco on Eva Air, an approved carrier, into Bangkok.  How do I know if it's an approved flight?

Without actually booking the flight, I can't see if it's the approved flight that goes through Taipei. 1143438937_ScreenShot2020-12-18at11_16_27AM.png.b9696b2731567b5a45fae63b00aee3db.png  

Edited by sudsy

For info:

Wed, Jan 2021 - Fri, Jan 2021 - Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) - Confirmed 

EVA Airways 11
Confirmation Number:R5IU7S

DEPART

11:05PM

LAX

Non Stop

ARRIVE

5:40AM

TPE

Fri, Jan 15, 2021 - Taipei (TPE) to Bangkok (BKK) - Confirmed 

EVA Airways 211

DEPART

7:45AM

TPE

Non Stop

On 12/18/2020 at 5:13 AM, Suphawk said:

I'm also not sure what to make of this statement on the COE application.... Applicants who are currently in the USA not allowed?

"Due to the high infection rate, the APEC card holders and the applicants who are currently in the USA do not fall under the categories that could enter Thailand at the moment, please check back regularly for any updates."

I think that line is referring not only to APEC card holders, but the people who visit the website to apply for visas that are not currently eligible (the visas mentioned in the line just before that in UbonJoe's post of the original source). I believe this line you highlighted is purposely placed after "Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R) and their spouses or children, Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders"  because it's telling those people they must wait for updates, along with APEC holders.

So it should probably read:
"Due to the high infection rate,  APEC card holders and any applicants who are currently in the USA who do not fall under the visa categories eligible to enter Thailand at the moment (Tourist, Non-O, STV, etc.), please check back regularly for any updates."

They probably put it on the COE application form to discourage them from applying for that since they don't qualify for entry, not just APEC people, but those wasting their time trying to get a COE while applying for visas such as TS, S, R, O etc.

Found this in my readings today.  Thought it would be good for those going through LA Consulate to know of five working day turnaround of replacement COE.  

FAQ _non-Thai - Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles 

13) What should I do if I change my flight?

• The applicant with regular US passport MUST upload a new air ticket + a new ASQ reservation through his/her personal link at least 5 working days before the departure date, in order to obtain a revised COE.
  • Please note that if the applicant fails to inform the embassy /Consulates-General of the change in advance, the applicant will risk boarding denial.k
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George36 said:

Eva BR211 is the flight that I will be flying in on.  They are a semi commercial carrier and was accepted by the Consulate.

It's BR17 SFO to TPE

And BR1211 TPE to BKK 

Is only the leg from the connection to BKK that matters?

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 4.32.44 PM.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marabou said:

They probably put it on the COE application form to discourage them from applying for that since they don't qualify for entry, not just APEC people, but those wasting their time trying to get a COE while applying for visas such as TS, S, R, O etc.

You are completely wrong. It is only for APEC cardholders and those that have applied for it. Note when you select type of visa on the COE website (https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/) it lists all the one you mentioned.

First you would select no here to get to it. image.png.d1b2ca8b7d9ba7aef75967ab6941ba60.png and then here. image.png.23b6c527409c5b636af296ee0950c665.png and then this.

image.png.836691a02cb905c43614fc934fee28e3.png

Edit: Just noticed they have now taken down the no APEC card entries note.

Edited by ubonjoe

On 12/18/2020 at 3:03 AM, Suphawk said:

I found a Qatar flight but disappointed there is no refund or cancelation, so out $680 if the Visa/COE goes wrong.

Qatar have one of the best set of options for those buying tickets now who may end up unable to travel.  You should not end up out of pocket with them.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/travel-with-confidence.html

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are completely wrong. It is only for APEC cardholders and those that have applied for it. Note when you select type of visa on the COE website (https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/) it lists all the one you mentioned.

First you would select no here to get to it. image.png.d1b2ca8b7d9ba7aef75967ab6941ba60.png and then here. image.png.23b6c527409c5b636af296ee0950c665.png and then this.

image.png.836691a02cb905c43614fc934fee28e3.png

Edit: Just noticed they have now taken down the no APEC card entries note.

No, you misread what I said, and if anything, your drop down completely proves my point. That screenshot doesn't list ANY of the ones I mentioned. Where's the Transit (TS), Sports (S), Monks (R), Volunteers (O), and non-form school ED visas on that list? They aren't there. THOSE are the ones they're referring to when they say "applicants who do not fall under the categories that can enter Thailand, check back for updates"

Reread what I said. I first said that those 5 categories (TS, S, R, O, etc.) are not eligible for COE. I then pointed out which ones ARE eligible for COE (STV, Tourist, etc.). Your drop down example fully proves my point.

I got a reply! However it was a request for more info.

I failed to give enough proof of insurance. I first tried to get insurance with a Thai company, but it was taking too long and they were having additional requirements and making me wait several days. I went with another well known travel insurance provider who costs more but is a simple online process and you have insurance . However since it's a non Thai provider Thailand requires an additional verification letter from the provider. This is clearly stated in the COE but I skimmed over it too quickly.

So now waiting 2-3 days to get my insurance to provide the certificate. Good news is the Thai Embassy actually acknowledged my COE app and it's in process.

My insurance provider is aware of this additional form and they don't have any problem providing it ????

• Like 2

I applied about two weeks ago. Initially I applied at the Thai in-country site and got rejected as the only visa that was available on their pull-down menu was a diplomatic visa. Got this response from the DC embassy:

"The rejection is just a technical issue. You applied in https://coethailand.mfa.go.th which in not yet open for US residents. Please go to this Embassy's link https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/ and re-apply. For more information please go to https://thaiembdc.org/visas/"

I still have a valid non-B visa, APEC and a work permit. I reserved a delta flight with a connection through Seoul into BKK and have reserved an ASQ/ALQ in Chonburi with confirmation and included a bank statement and proof of insurance in my online application. Have not heard back yet. Will keep you guys posted...

Unlucky timing: I submitted my COE & visa application last week.  ????

Got the package back today with passport and visa in it (TR 60 day) but no COE.... I'm supposed to leave Jan 8th. Not sure what to do at this point.

There was no additional feedback, no nothing.

This was through the thai embassy in nyc

Edited by KwaiMaiSabai

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do now? Am I the first unlucky one to get no COE if indeed COE's are being stonewalled right now? 

Trying to email and call the nyc & dc consulate but no response or phone pickup yet all day - anyone have any tips here? I have 18 days till my flight leaves so this is gonna be close if I have to re-submit... but my 60 day TR was issued with no problems so I'm confused

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KwaiMaiSabai said:

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do now? Am I the first unlucky one to get no COE if indeed COE's are being stonewalled right now? 

Trying to email and call the nyc & dc consulate but no response or phone pickup yet all day - anyone have any tips here? I have 18 days till my flight leaves so this is gonna be close if I have to re-submit... but my 60 day TR was issued with no problems so I'm confused

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/23/faq-for-non-thais-wishing-to-enter-thailand-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/ Seems to be the FAQs for New York.  Item 2 may indicate that you now have to apply for a COE.  The Tourist Visa/COE are done the same time at the La Consulate.

Item 9 has an email address outside the normal visa@ type email.  Might try that one.

Waiting for my package to come back from La Consulate for a mid-January flight.

Good hunting.  

2 hours ago, KwaiMaiSabai said:

Unlucky timing: I submitted my COE & visa application last week.  ????

Got the package back today with passport and visa in it (TR 60 day) but no COE.... I'm supposed to leave Jan 8th. Not sure what to do at this point.

There was no additional feedback, no nothing.

This was through the thai embassy in nyc

I was pretty sure I read that after you get your Visa you're supposed to go back and do something for the COE. Sorry I don't remember exactly where that was. My head is currently spinning from the insurance and medical cert.

I had to push back my flight and ASQ because I'm waiting for my insurance to fill out the overseas insurance certificate. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

I was pretty sure I read that after you get your Visa you're supposed to go back and do something for the COE. Sorry I don't remember exactly where that was. My head is currently spinning from the insurance and medical cert.

I had to push back my flight and ASQ because I'm waiting for my insurance to fill out the overseas insurance certificate. 

I believe that you are correct and New York makes it a two step process.  La Consulate does both Tourist Visa/COE at the same time.  

La Consulate FAQ’s indicates only working days to process a COE.  I believe they send a PDF file to you.  

Suphawk:  Sorry to hear about the delay.  Will keep fingers crossed for you.  5555

33 minutes ago, KwaiMaiSabai said:

I already did this though and on the website it even says "don't do this twice" so I'm not sure what to do.

Have you gotten a reply to you COE application from the embassy or the consulate you chose on the drop down menu.

I think one of the reasons they are not using the that site is due to the embassy and consulates only providing service to a designated areas of the states.