COE brick wall

10 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

Today I got  my step 2/3 email!! Now I can move ahead into the great unknown of lockdowns and restrictions, I hope it's all worth it ????

Congratulations! Perseverance pays... Did you submit a new application, and how long did it take to get the 2/3 email after application?

1 minute ago, Mai mee said:

Did you submit a new application, and how long did it take to get the 2/3 email after application?

I stuck with the original app, but had to upload another insurance. It was 10 working days total until I got the step 2/3 email, but I had the unfortunate timing of falling during the Christmas AND New Years holidays.

16 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

I stuck with the original app, but had to upload another insurance. It was 10 working days total until I got the step 2/3 email, but I had the unfortunate timing of falling during the Christmas AND New Years holidays.

OK that's good to know.You're still dealing with Chicago right? Are you still on track to make your flights?

23 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

You're still dealing with Chicago right?

Yep, I think they have recovered from the holidays ????

24 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Are you still on track to make your flights?

On my 3rd flight booking now. I've managed to get full refunds from both Qatar and Eva the first 2 times, feeling lucky there.

I am back to square one as the DC embassy returned my passport without a tourist visa. I did not allow enough time (15 working days), or, they finally figured out my original COE application was for visa exempt entry(!). So I have pushed my arrival date out to end of January.

The former DC COE page is now purely a visa application page and directs visa exempt applicants to another site to apply for the COE. Likewise, it directs those with a visa to that other site for the COE. Looks like they bifurcated the process.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 08.12.53.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 08.15.36.png

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

I am back to square one as the DC embassy returned my passport without a tourist visa

Sorry to hear about that ????

Thank you for sharing the new process. If I do indeed get my Visa then I will probably need to use the new COE page, maybe?

2 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

Sorry to hear about that ????

Thank you for sharing the new process. If I do indeed get my Visa then I will probably need to use the new COE page, maybe?

Thank you. I should have contacted the embassy after getting their "step 2/3" email instead of just sending in my passport. I sense that is an automated email and one reason they now direct visa exempt applications to that COE site.

You applied through the DC embassy, correct? Then you will likely need to apply for COE via that other site and upload your visa there.

Was there any other link? This is what I received (personal info removed) and once I downloaded the certificate of entry from that cerdca link the other link came up with the same not found message as you.

Please download your COE from the weblink below:

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/consider/cerdca?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or click “check the result” menu on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th Your 6 digit code to check your registration/application status is :

xxxxxx

They sent me no link for the download of COE. I am waiting to see if there is a follow-up email containing the link. Meanwhile, I am occasionally checking the status page to see if my information re-materializes. 

Best of luck, I've been dealing with a Thai embassy in the middle east  and I cant praise them enough. I've had direct email contact with the person dealing with non Thai entry  matters with almost instant email responses to queries.

Looking through my 4  emails from the embassy it took 7.5 hours from registering to COE approval.

1. Your registration/application for COE has been confirmed

2. Your registration/application for COE has been approved

3.Your travel confirmation has been received

4.Your application for COE has been approved (this is the email with the link to download the COE)

Edited by Farma
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, at15 said:

I am waiting for my passport back from the embassy. I was denied for COE because they told me i need to upload the visa.

@Mai mee do they only send the passport back in the mail or are there other documents in there?

The other bits in the envelope were a few of the back pages of some of the documents I submitted. It appears they just took the front page from things like my flight booking, ASQ booking, insurance policy etc... whatever had the confirmation number, policy number etc, and sent the rest back (as if I really wanted those back, 555) They just kept the proof, they didn't care the least about the details.

They didn't ask me to send anything but the Visa Application printed , Passport , 2 passport photos, and Money order.

EDIT: Well <deleted> I did it again, I overlooked that part buried in the bottom of the email saying to send the other Documents, OH well, back to the post office. ????

Edited by Suphawk

1 hour ago, Suphawk said:

They didn't ask me to send anything but the Visa Application printed , Passport , 2 passport photos, and Money order.

EDIT: Well <deleted> I did it again, I overlooked that part buried in the bottom of the email saying to send the other Documents, OH well, back to the post office. ????

Yeah, I remember that part with the small print at the bottom of the page about "other (unspecified) documents... Hard copies of airlines, ASQ, insurance and declaration form.... Yeah you have to be VERY meticulous .

42 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

and declaration form...

Hmmm, I don't see anything about declaration form ???? I mean I've seen that form but I don't see where they say it's required to be mailed in.

Edited by Suphawk

14 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

Hmmm, I don't see anything about declaration form ????

couldn't find the page on the website, but I printed a hard copy for my own use in the process. Here it is.... so many little bits and pieces.

visa list.jpg

Edited by Mai mee

FWIW, I've looked all over the website just now, and can't find it... so perhaps they're not requiring the declaration form anymore, as it contains the same basic information you submitted with the COE application...

I'm not sure. Well if they want it and you didn't send it, they'll let you know...

What I do know is they kept the first page of the three page form and returned the second and third pages with the back pages of everything else when they mailed me back the passport and visa

Edited by Mai mee

OK, here's the current version of the list from the consulate I posted a photo of. I no longer see the Declaration Form listed. So they may well have changed that since I made my visa application a couple of weeks ago... Things seem to change everyday, and I think they are refining the process.

You may very well be OK.

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/tourist-visa/

• Thanks 1

I just handed in my visa application at the new york branch. I didn't have a declaration form and he said I didn't need it. My visa will be ready within a couple of hours if I choose to pick it up today.. Also as of January 1st they can no longer issue coe there so you have to go tohttps://coethailand.mfa.go.th to get it. They said it should take 2-3 days. 

If you can I recommend going to consult. I only waited for 10 minutes and everyone was super friendly and helpful.

59 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

12 hour drive for me. But I'd be up for it, I have nothing better to do , just waiting to get back to the nexus.

If you have nothing better to do, try getting into Thailand, that'll eat up plenty of time, 555!

1 hour ago, Shey420 said:

Got my visa in less than 2 hours now will enter in for coe will keep this updated 

Yes , if you're able to walk into the office, and already have your bookings, and documents prepared. Until very recently walk-in visits were not possible and all visas and COE's had to be procured online and through the mail, with constantly changing requirements.

Congratulations on your good fortune.

Can I ask what embassy or consulate you used?

Edited by Mai mee

Im at stage 2 of 3 i mailed our passports and everything else that was required, mail said it was delivered on Dec 31 and i have heard nothing back, i submitted all info online for COE and visa and now i see they have new COE submission site. Does anyone know if my coe will come with visa and turnaround time for visa at DC

thanks

4237E04E-2451-4D2C-936C-E7468E2F5398.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Yes , if you're able to walk into the office, and already have your bookings, and documents prepared. Until very recently walk-in visits were not possible and all visas and COE's had to be procured online and through the mail, with constantly changing requirements.

Congratulations on your good fortune.

Can I ask what embassy or consulate you used?

I used New York consulate