Long-stay visas proposed for foreigners who buy Bt3m condos

webfact

18 minutes ago, Lingba said:

who would be stupid enough to do this especially with the baht now at 29.75 to the US dollar....give me a break

Yeah...I was going to buy a car soon...not anymore....gonna kill off any large purchases by foreign investors/residents

How about scrapping the income requirement and 3 years tax returns for those that are married to a Thai with Thai kids and have been living here 5 years or longer so they can obtain PR?

these people should have the right to residency or at least a realistic, obtainable path towards it! 

in fact, I read the law a while back.. isnt there still a law on the books that allows for this under the humanitarian category?  But the powers that be have decided not to use that law in the past 10 years or so?? Maybe someone can correct me here but whats that all about? The law exists that will permit many foreigners to obtain residency without the need for tax returns but the government just dont want to use it anymore? ???? Am I right in my assessment here? @ubonjoe

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

How about permanent residence for all those long term married to Thais that buy a property ? That would be nice

What are you talking sense for.???? That will be called a ridiculous idea. Actually supporting those that in the long term support the country and its people.

Sadly that no doubt will go in the bin with all other great ideas that will benefit Thailand.

This is a modern rehash of the scheme introduced post Asian financial collapse of the late 1990's. Lasted a few years until various governments decided they didn't like bits of it.  The PR addition is an interesting twist, can't wait to see how they will mess with that especially for those who get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

You kinda are misleading other members here are about how simple and easy ur visa process is. Thats kinda annoying stop that.

It's actually not that difficult and it's mechanical, and if you compare with other countries it's more easy.

Face the facts, Thai's will never allow easy access to PR, citizenship, very long-term easy renewable visas, same as many other countries.