Ems parcel left heathrow 4th ,now nothing.

ivor bigun

17 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Using track and trace my parcel left the UK on the 4th ,but just says in transit ,nothing about arriving here in Thailand ,anyone else had this problem? 

I have one that was sent on the same day...this delay has been fairly usual over the last few months. My guess is that they are waiting until they have a full shipment and then off it goes. If you are lucky your parcel was one of the last in and you receive it after about ten days, or like us ours was one of the first to arrive after the last shipment left and will take at least three weeks to get here.

• Like 2

It's annoying but I'd give it a bit longer. Someone sent me a document from the UK using international track & signed last month. I had to wait 2 weeks between the "leaving the UK" and "arrived at Laksi" status. I had assumed it had been lost.

Edited by MRtommyR
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Using track and trace my parcel left the UK on the 4th ,but just says in transit ,nothing about arriving here in Thailand ,anyone else had this problem? 

I recently had two parcels sent from Australia using EMS both took about two weeks rather than a couple of days.

You have to understand these are not normal times and without regular flights you have to expect delays.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I recently had two parcels sent from Australia using EMS both took about two weeks rather than a couple of days.

You have to understand these are not normal times and without regular flights you have to expect delays.

True, not only that, you have the huge increase in volume due to Christmas online purchases and gift sending etc etc.

• Like 1

I might mention that the 'whole world' is not functioning properly now days.... So don't expect anything to be normal..... I am trying to help a Thai friend get a shipping container shipment out of the USA now....  Container availability is about 2 or 3 months delayed compared to previous shipments   

Listening to local news in Los Angeles, One of the busiest shipping ports in the world, reports are that about 30% of the truck drivers that haul these containers in and out..... are off work because of the virus..... POSTAL facilities are probably similar WORLD-WIDE presently...... I wish you the best BUT having patience is necessary at this time more than ever before....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

British Airways are not flying to Thailand. I don't know about other airlines. As there are less flights it takes longer. There might be a requirement that packages have to be in transit at least 14 days before accepted here. Et al...

Patience.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

yes, usually no problem

I have a parcel that left China for Thailand on the 1st and is also still in transit.

Not much unusual these days...it seems that custom agents have their hands full thanks to increasing online shopping, among other things...

• Like 1

I had a parcel take three weeks to arrive from the UK to CM last month. When tracking says 'item leaving the UK' it's usually sat at Langley waiting for an available flight. I did some digging and found out they have a huge backlog of parcels waiting to leave the UK. It'll show up eventually.

• Thanks 1

As others have recommended, bide your time.  I had a parcel that took two weeks to leave the UK and then nothing further was heard about it for six weeks on Thailand Posts' track and trace web site.  Suddenly, it was reported by track and trace as appearing at Laksi and reached me in Lamphun a few days later.  I too thought it had gone walkies but there is simply a Christmas .Covid-19 backlog holding things up somewhere.

• Thanks 1

I had 2 parcels sent to me from a family member in the uk on 20th November from the same post office both with track and trace. The first parcel arrived within 2 weeks and the other just arrived on 22nd December taking over a month. Track and trace was incomplete for latest parcel which was just a single shirt. 

Edited by guru

The UK postal system is the Kiss of Death, especially at this time of the year. Don't hold your breath. I'm not. I'm waiting on a CC my bank sent to my UK address two weeks ago. Covid and Christmas .. a perfect combination for the British Post not to deliver...

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

its arrived in Thailand already its at Laski.whoopie

The one from the 15th of ? December. In Laksi now?

My experience with a letter from Germany posted Dec 17.

Lounging around in Germany until Jan 8.

Arrived at my gate at Jan 11.