Nana P. pricing itself out of the market?

DUS

On 12/19/2020 at 3:25 AM, Ron jeremy said:

Nothing more than a Facebook picture 

I highly doubt anymore than 1-2 in this picture were actually there

been there

i call BS

lineups are dire at the moment 

Indeed, last time I have been to Nana Plaza long before Covid it was desperate there.

Definitely not those kind of girls as in this pictures. Went back to Crazy House, because that is the only constant good quality venue.

9 minutes ago, CLW said:

Indeed, last time I have been to Nana Plaza long before Covid it was desperate there.

Nana changes all the time, like many other places.

Currently the two bars in the top floor have without any question the best girls.

A few years ago there was no point going up there.

It changes - like everything else.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dddave said:

TV's ever vigilant "rip-off posse"  holds firmly that anything priced more than it was in 2008 is nothing short of larceny and that the ladies should be grateful for a B20 tip for sitting next and providing a bit of company. 

No, I believe that the 7-11 business plan charges as much as is acceptable on any given item.

No business can justify a larger profit margin IMHO (unless there are naked female breasts on display).

Edited by BritManToo

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No, I believe that the 7-11 business plan charges as much as is acceptable on any given item.

No business can justify a larger profit margin IMHO (unless there are naked female breasts on display).

Just tell your favorite girl you want to see them. And don't forget to buy her a tequila.

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So a small individual business with low sales volumes should be expected to sell stuff for the same price as a nationwide chain with massive volume buying power and extremely high sales volumes.

Hmmmmmm, ok.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 11:23 AM, Walker88 said:

That would seem unlikely. There are plenty of luxury condos and office buildings, plus low occupancy hotels, built or under construction that cannot find buyers/renter/guests. The economy is not strong, will not be strong for a long time, and Bangkok is already overbuilt, with many units bought as 'investment' sitting empty. RE markets are always too exuberant at the end of a bubble, so the ending glut becomes 'glut-ier'. The govt has announced they don't ever expect or want to go back to the "40 million per year" days of tourism, so that cannot be good news for existing hotels, much less anyone with plans for a new one.

Most of the businesses around Nana are geared toward Nana and those who would frequent the place. The Nana owners are also already pretty well-to-do and likely enjoy the regular income they get from the tenants. Anyone who really wants to throw up yet another condo or office high rise has that empty plot on the north side of Sukhumvit between Soi 7 and 7/1, which is opposite a major condo project still under construction, which is adjacent to another luxury condo still trying to move its "30-170 million baht" units. There's also little more than shophouses from Soi 3 to Soi 7, again with direct access to Sukhumvit, that would be more attractive than trying to shoe horn something in the Nana Plaza lot.

From hearsay over the years (Nobody seems to know for certain, even long time bar owners) Nana Plaza and the land it sits on is owned by a large Indian family conglomerate, reportedly the same family that controls the Landmark and Majestic Hotels in addition to most of the commercial property fronting Sukhumvit in the Nana area.  It has always been reported that this goes all the way back to Rama-5 who granted the then swampland that was what is now Sukhumvit Rd to families of Indian merchants to encourage them to further develop trade.  It is said that because this is land freely granted by the monarch, that it can never be sold, only leased.  

Family conglomerates such as this tend to move very slowly.  They certainly have no sentimental attachment to Nana Plaza and eventually, the bottom line will show that income from developing that parcel of land outweighs the income it generates,  only then will the wreckers arrive.  

8 hours ago, dddave said:

From hearsay over the years (Nobody seems to know for certain, even long time bar owners) Nana Plaza and the land it sits on is owned by a large Indian family conglomerate, reportedly the same family that controls the Landmark and Majestic Hotels in addition to most of the commercial property fronting Sukhumvit in the Nana area.  It has always been reported that this goes all the way back to Rama-5 who granted the then swampland that was what is now Sukhumvit Rd to families of Indian merchants to encourage them to further develop trade.  It is said that because this is land freely granted by the monarch, that it can never be sold, only leased.  

Family conglomerates such as this tend to move very slowly.  They certainly have no sentimental attachment to Nana Plaza and eventually, the bottom line will show that income from developing that parcel of land outweighs the income it generates,  only then will the wreckers arrive.  

I thought Nana Plaza was purchased by Eclipse several years ago? It was reported quite widely at the time. Eclipse was renamed to Black Panther or something like that.

Love Thai Visa with the hearsay and rumors....

Nana & Black Panther from Wakanda (or not ;0) the stuff of legends.

I am sure some many old timers will be able to tell the stories & history of Nana area & Lek Nana and how it all became what it is today.

Fico Corporation is easy to find, as is Panthera. These are not public companies, not everything needs to be advertised.

11 minutes ago, moontang said:

Look at Hooters across the street.  They can't even get good reviews when they put the entire menu at half price from 3-4pm.  That speaks volumes.

Hardly ever see anyone in there...even in busier times it never seems to attract a great deal of custom......(not easy to see the freelancers from there?)

25 minutes ago, moontang said:

Look at Hooters across the street.  They can't even get good reviews when they put the entire menu at half price from 3-4pm.  That speaks volumes.

Some time ago Hooters had great girls working there. Probably more stunners in that place compared to any single bar in Nana.

But the food was always third rate - at least for my taste.