Home Structural Survey By Professional Required - Any Recommendations?

jeffandgop

I live in Chiang Mai in a 1-story home built complete in 2014.  Cracks in the outer surface of the paint/concrete finish are appearing over these past years in a variety of locations of the exterior- and to a limited extent the interior- walls. While the builder assures me these are normal cosmetic defects and non-structural in nature, I'm looking for a licensed structural engineer/practioner to hire to survey the structure and provide an independent assessment. Recommendations you may offer of any Thai or non-Thai experts with known experience is appreciated.  I'm not looking to troubleshoot this from my desk- I am wanting a person(s) to engage to come to my home and professionally survey the structure.

Thanks in advance.....

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Talk to the head of the Civil Engineering Department/Faculty at CMU.

Typical Thai construction is that the structural elements, load bearing elements are the posts and beams of poured concrete, not the walls made of brick or similar.  There are a few, very few homes built with load bearing walls.

Cracks in walls are common and if yours are the common type a licensed engineer may not want to bother with a formal structural inspection.

Thanks for your response.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gentlemc said:

Do you have any pictures of crack lines?

I did but concluded pics weren’t going to realize a finding without a physical investigation  of the damage. Having said that, I don’t observe cracks in posts or load bearing columns so I’m going to postpone the search for a structural engineer to come to my home and do an investigation. Thanks.