Tree lopping in Bangkok.

DrJack54

Hey guys, so have purchased a townhouse that has mango tree out front in boundaries of the townhouse. Thinking the tree needs some cutting back. Plan is that it's a rental and thinking good idea to cut it back prior to rent out. The place is in Bang Na, Bearing area.

Any recommendations/ideas very much appreciated. 

Also if I can tack on added question. The plan is to live in the place in few years. It's a nice renovated (old) joint. The kitchen at rear (usual) has the concrete tiled counter along with free standing sink etc. All very functional. 

Should I be providing some cooking options such as electric hob etc?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by DrJack54

The Thai style of thepruning seems to be to use a sharp knife or machete to cut off anything that is in the way. If you want the pruning to be done properly then it’s probably a good idea for you to read up and find the way it should be done and where it should be cut yourself so that you can direct the people you get to prune it to do it the way that you want it done. Also they don’t usually use anything to seal the ends with a cut so the possibility of the branches rotting back the trunk rotting is certainly there I would get some  bitumen paint to seal be in the cut ends so that you don’t get infection.

• Thanks 1

I think the term is "hat-racking"

Trimmed and fed right those mango really produce. If you're going to do it yourself be sure too read up on it. If you're going to hire it done, be sure you look at previous work before you let them touch yours or you'll end up with a sling-shot.

There are good guys around, but most are not.

If you're going to live in it for a few years, why would you not provide some cooking options? DO you not cook at all?

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think the term is "hat-racking"

Trimmed and fed right those mango really produce. If you're going to do it yourself be sure too read up on it. If you're going to hire it done, be sure you look at previous work before you let them touch yours or you'll end up with a sling-shot.

There are good guys around, but most are not.

If you're going to live in it for a few years, why would you not provide some cooking options? DO you not cook at all?

Thanks for advice. Will have someone do the tree as access not that simple and also the needs to remove branches.

Re cooking. Yes will live in it few years time. Wonder if some basic electric plug in cooktop appliance would do.

The main issue is that he has solid concrete work bench in place and would rather do complete reno later. Not sure if YELLOW work bench stays or goes in future. The kitchen area is 2.6 x 4.2m so has area to do design something. The pics look horrible but the rest of joint is great.

IMG_20201219_135855.jpg

IMG_20201219_134656.jpg

Edited by DrJack54

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Re cooking. Yes will live in it few years time. Wonder if some basic electric plug in cooktop appliance would do.

The main issue is that he has solid concrete work bench in place and would rather do complete reno later.

A toaster oven and either a worktop induction cooker or worktop double gas cooker will do nicely there. They won’t be more than about 5,000 in total.

certainly the Trifid needs pruning ???? 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

A toaster oven and either a worktop induction cooker or worktop double gas cooker will do nicely there. They won’t be more than about 5,000 in total.

certainly the Trifid needs pruning ???? 

Yes thinking that's the way to go.

I like the idea of gas however have been advised that even small gas bottles need to be stored outside.

The electric wall pugs I imagine would be 15amp. Need check out what appliance would be possible. Imagine something like 1800watts max?

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes thinking that's the way to go.

I like the idea of gas however have been advised that even small gas bottles need to be stored outside.

The electric wall pugs I imagine would be 15amp. Need check out what appliance would be possible. Imagine something like 1800watts max?

There is no requirement for gas bottles to be outside, but that is your choice. We are going to put ours outside with a very long feed pipe, but it’s in the house design, we may even use a copper pipe for most of the distance.

An induction cooker. Even a double one is definitely OK, a double hot ring electric cooker will probably be pushing it. 

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

An induction cooker. Even a double one is definitely OK, a double hot ring electric cooker will probably be pushing it. 

You've sold me. Will get an induction cooked and couple of other appliances. 

When eventually do a remodel will be pity to pull out the concrete yellow submarine as it's quite functional. Attached is another pic of sink. Again ugly but does the job. Fortunately it's only room that needs upgrade. 

Thanks for your suggestions. Pretty much will follow them all.

There is some sort of water filter item in earlier post of bench top. Guess just chuck it.

IMG_20201219_135900.jpg