Scotland's Sturgeon calls for extension to Brexit transition period

webfact

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Typical Sturgeon, trying to use the pandemic to undermine the democratic will of the UK electorate and advance her own political agenda.

Totally unscrupulous and disingenuous. No shame whatsoever. ????

When the British ever voted for a No Deal Brexit ? They voted for a "oven ready deal, the easiest ever + GBP 350million per week for the NHS. Cheatede, lied, swindler, doublerossed

The former boss of the Vote Leave campaign, Dominic Cummings, admits that Remain would have won without the claim that the 350 million would go back to the NHS. The UK Statistics Authority wrote to Vote Leave during the campaign stating the claim was, ‘misleading and undermines trust in …

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well should would wouldn't she as an EU supporter who would sell her country to anyone. Never mind Nicola it won't happen and nobody except a few posters on here care.

She should be more worried about Scotland and the mismanagement of funds and the other vital points like the rise in drugs and alcohol abuse to name a few.

She should be doing what she is mandated to do - seek to extricate our country from this disastrous, incompetent and corrupt so-called union. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

When the British ever voted for a No Deal Brexit ? They voted for a "oven ready deal, the easiest ever + GBP 350million per week for the NHS. Cheatede, lied, swindler, doublerossed

The former boss of the Vote Leave campaign, Dominic Cummings, admits that Remain would have won without the claim that the 350 million would go back to the NHS. The UK Statistics Authority wrote to Vote Leave during the campaign stating the claim was, ‘misleading and undermines trust in …

well you still have british voters believing its £350 million (it’s more like £250M and of course the money then gets back into the UK) https://fullfact.org/europe/350-million-week-boris-johnson-statistics-authority-misuse/

.. and that Brexit will make the UK wealthier and fund the NHS.

It's not just british voters in general, you have posters on this very thread who still believe in this.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

well you still have british voters believing its £350 million (it’s more like £250M and of course the money then gets back into the UK) https://fullfact.org/europe/350-million-week-boris-johnson-statistics-authority-misuse/

.. and that Brexit will make the UK wealthier and fund the NHS.

It's not just british voters in general, you have posters on this very thread who still believe in this.

According to investigations, see HoC library, the total net kickback to the UK from the EU is a GBP 7,9 Billion.

When I divide that by 52 = number of weeks we have in EU, I get only GBP 151,9 million /week.

Maybe others use less weeks / yr of a different way of calculation ?

UK contr to EU, HoC Lib CBP 7886 of 24 June 2019, p 3 .jpg

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

She should be doing what she is mandated to do - seek to extricate our country from this disastrous, incompetent and corrupt so-called union. 

Couldnt have summed up Brexit better myself, 'the disastrous, incompetent and corrupt so-called union'

Finally you agree about the EU!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes more foreigners getting upset that we have left the EU in a democratic referendum. I am pleased it seems that you and others are constantly whining on the issue. So happy we left.????

Shame they couldn't come up with something more original though, instead of ripping off the Brexiteers gags ????.

I guess that's the difference between innovative thinkers and followers of the EU dogma. The Bitters. Always moaning, always whinging. ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Shame they couldn't come up with something more original though, instead of ripping off the Brexiteers gags ????.

I guess that's the difference between innovative thinkers and followers of the EU dogma. The Bitters. Always moaning, always whinging. ????

I guess only a Little Englander applauds a remainer bingo as “innovative thinking”.  

But it’s Christmas, and you guys across the channel don’t have much left to be proud of these days, so let me congratulate you for your achievement: well done, my little innovative thinker. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I guess only a Little Englander applauds a remainer bingo as “innovative thinking”.  

But it’s Christmas, and you guys across the channel don’t have much left to be proud of these days, so let me congratulate you for your achievement: well done, my little innovative thinker. 

The Bitters can't even come up with their own jokes ????.

Still, when you're constantly losing I guess your sense of humour goes as well. Chin up old boy???? .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

You know, like saying all EUers are only worried about loosing one of the cash cows that keep their bureaucratic inefficient state managed countries afloat. 

The animosity stems from the realisation that they will have to pay more into the E.U coffers , the replace the UKs contribution .

Tax rises to pay for Covid and higher E.U contributions is going to mean financial hardship for them 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Would you like to provide citations to support your assertion? Or is it something you just made up and pretend to be factual?

No and no. Just search this forum. Some of the Brexiteers here have made it clear that they don’t care about the economy as long as they get their sufferinity. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1